Left breast not "dropping" 5 weeks post op? (Photos)

Hello, my left breast isn't "dropping" like my right one. It also isn't as soft. I'm 5weeks post. Round silicon, high profile, 375cc in left and 350cc in right. will it eventually drop? possible it is capsular contracture? Left one has always hurt more from the beginning and the incision area is still swollen unlike the right side. (Left = with tattoo)

Your breasts may be dropping at different rates.

Because breast augmentation is one procedure, it’s easy to think about your breasts the same way. But you’ve actually had two surgeries, one on each breast, and each breast may heal at different rates. It sounds like your right breast implant is simply dropping and softening quicker than the left, which can happen at 5 weeks after breast augmentation as your tissue starts to accommodate the implants. Your breast implants may take as long as 6 months to completely settle into the breast pocket and fully soften. Your left breast may also be healing a bit slower, which is why you are experiencing more pain and swelling. Let your body heal for another 4 or 5 months, then see if you like the results.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.
Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

One breast hasn't dropped yet

As other physicians have already replied, you're very early in your recovery. Breasts started out different prior to surgery and they are likely to heal differently as well. Try to be patient as your body heals and adjusts, and be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon who can recommend appropriate actions when he/she sees fit.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Pre Operative Breast Tissue Envelope Asymmetry

Based on your photographs, your current post operative appearance is predicted by your pre operative breast appearance. Your right breast appears in photographs to be smaller and 'tighter' with less skin excess and ptosis. This has a substantial effect on implant shape and position, and also how it feels.  

Although you will never achieve perfect symmetry, your right implant will drop more and should soften over the next 3 months.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

One breast not dropping 5 weeks after augmentation

As others have said, 5 weeks is still early in the recovery process. Overall your breasts look nice. It is important to note that one breast was lower and of different size  and you have different size implants. You will always have some asymmetry, and much of the asymmetry you have now is due to preexisting asymmetry.  It will take 6 months to see your final result.

Implants and pockets

Presumably if your left breast has a larger implant, then it was likely smaller and therefore tighter with a larger implant. This may result in the implant descending a bit slower than the other side.

Left breast not dropping 5 weeks PostOp

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  It is quite normal to have implants descend or drop at different rates and at different times.  Though your right has dropped it is not uncommon for this volume redistribution to initially take place at 6-8 weeks after surgery once the swelling and cramping of your chest muscle and breast skin resolves.  I would anticipate your left breast to follow suit in the next couple of weeks.  Hang in there and allow yourself more healing time before assessing your results.

Postoperative breast asymmetry

The number one cause of postoperative asymmetry is preoperative asymmetry.  If you look at your preop photos you will see that your left breast is higher to start than the right. It appears that the nipple is significantly higher and the breast fold is as well.  So usually what happens is the implant settles into each breast, but they still are asymmetric.  If the left implant dropped to the level of the right it would look like the left bottomed out.

Samuel Beran, MD

Breast augmentation result

Believe it or not 5 weeks is sometimes still early in the healing process. You left side is still sore and I think that is muscle spasm causing the pain and the elevation of the implant. Time and massage should help. Thank you for including your preop photos. They show that your left nipple and breast fold were higher pre op and will be post op. But your implant is riding a little high and should come on down when the muscle relaxes. Follow with your surgeon. Good luck.