I'm 24 and I have a large bald spot on the top of my head. Is there anyway to grow back my hair? (photo)

When I was in my teens I had a full head of hair and could hardly grow any facial hair(Since I was 20, I could grow facial hair). This all changed when I started losing weight quickly at around 19 by exercising a lot. At 18, I was approx. 185 lbs, now I am about 130ish and been that way for about 3 years. I have been noticing hair loss since I was 20. Has my losing of weight and the final stages of puberty have something to do with my dramatic hair loss? Can I regrow my hair or is it too late?

Early Crown baldness

Isolated Crown Baldness is a distressing pattern of hair loss. Generally the baldness keeps on increasing with age.If Hair Transplant is done early in life then there will be a progressive bald halo spot around the transplanted zone. Hair transplant can be planned only if the Hair is of thick calibre (preferably more than .08 microns), donor site has good density & area of hair loss is not progressive.

#nutrition and #diet can it cause #hairloss

deprivation of nutrition and crash diets can be a cause of hair loss. However, looking at your picture suggests that you have genetic pattern hair loss. In your case hair transplant can be an option along with medical hair regiment routine to slow down future hair loss. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Balding crown

You recent weight loss will have accelerated your genetic balding which is in your crown. From the photos you have vertex balding. You should meet with a doctor about it and see what could be done

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon