How much is the cost to get a scar covered by tissue expansion? (Photo)

I am 36 years old, 30 years ago I had a car accident and a little scalp was removed from my head. My hair never grew there. I always had had to cover that space with the rest of my hair. This has always made me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. So I decided to get a surgery but I do not have insurance. I will pay by myself and I need to know which is the approximate cost. Thanks

Tissue Expansion for Scar Removal, Hair Regrowth: PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular

Cost for tissue expansion and other procedures vary by region and expertise. I'd recommend FUE hair transplant. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

FUE for a scalp scar

A more suitable option for your would be FUE hair transplant to cover the area of alopecia. Start by applying Plato's Scar Serum twice daily. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scalp loss

Tissue expanders are a great way to expand the scalp and you might need one or maybe two to achieve your goal. Once they are placed, they will need to be serially expanded.  The fee will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  Best of luck.