Can self harm scars be removed by plastic surgery? (photo)

I have few self harm scars on my hand that are getting red. They are about 3 months old. Can I remove the scars from plastic surgery? If yes, can you suggest doctors in the Denton,Texas area? And what the total cost would be?

Scars and Lasers

The best way to treat these type of scars is with the V-Beam laser.  eMatrix will complement this treatment for the white part of the scar.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Scar on Body-- Fraxel, Medical Tattooing, Vascular Laser/Pulsed Dye/Yellow Laser

You can try lasers but I often find that medical tattooing is the best option. Unfortunately, cost cannot be determined without an in person evaluation. Please see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer

Can self harm scars be removed by plastic surgery?

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately self-harm scars can only be replaced with another scar during attempts at revision and I would focus your energies on attempting to minimize their current appearance through some relatively easy to do scar care.  See the attached link for more information.