Wavelength of IPL to rejuvenate skin?

What wavelength is generally use to tighten pores and skin? I.E., 475-1200nm? Thanks,

Skin Rejuvenation? using IPL

IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, is an excellent technology for treating red (telangiectasia and small vascular problems) and pigmentary problems. Some can also do certain hair removal. However, none can tighten the skin or reduce pores. You need other technology to do this. Make sure you see someone with significant experience treating your problem and has other means of doing so.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

IPL for Skin Rejuvenation

IPL is a very popular treatment in our practice for skin rejuvenation with little to no downtime.  There are many different IPLs out there and some are better than others.  We use the BBL which is one of the best.  Most of the time we use a 560 nm cutoff filter which means that it filters out any wavelengths shorter than 560 nm.  The short wavelengths have higher absorption by pigment in your skin and are less safe in darker skin.  The exact wavelength range that is best for a given patient depends on many things, including the skin type and the condition being treated.  It is important to choose your doctor and laser technician carefully.  I would suggest going to a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL to rejuvenate the skin and tighten the pores

I have the IPL laser in my practice but I generally do not use it to tighten the pores.  Clear and Brilliant, which is a mini-Fraxel with no down time works much better than IPL for this. I also utilize chemical peels and the v-Beam laser for wonderful results. For overall facial rejuvenation you can use the IPL but the settings are based on your skin type and the machine utilized.  The best results come from an experienced board certified dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD