Best non surgical procedure for slimming/sculpting a v-shape face? (photos)

I am a 26 year old female with a round face (pics attached) I was thinking of getting kybella in conjunction with jaw slimming botox in order to improve my face shape. Is this the best route? I have a good amount of cheek fat and slight fat in the chin area. I also can feel the muscle in my jaw protrude when I grind my teeth together.

Facial Slimming

A combination of non-surgical treatments such as Botox, Thermage, Kybella, and Cool-mini are all amazing treatment for facial slimming and rejuvenating this area.  Be certain to consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Options for jaw and chin

Thanks for he photo to review. First, they are not taken with your head perfectly straight so it makes your double chin look worse. That being said it looks like your chin itself is a bit weak in proportion to your face. You might want to consider a chin implant, or fat grafting to increase your chin and perhaps jaw line. You really need a consult from a surgeon who can present these as options. Most dermatologists will not be able to offer this as a treatment option. Good luck.

Shaping the jaw line

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine from the photos but you do not appear to have hypertrophy of your masseter muscles and an excessively square lower facial shape. It is normal to be able to feel this muscle protrude when you clinch your teeth but if the muscle is not prominent at rest then Botox injections will likely not be indicated. You do however appear to be able to benefit from injection of volumizing fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma and Restylane Lyft to better shape your jaw and chin. It appears that you would also benefit from a little submental fat reduction to further define the chin and jaw. Options would include Kybella and CoolSculpting. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an appropriate customized treatment plan.

Good luck. 

Dr. Polo

Max Polo, MD

Best non surgical procedure for slimming/sculpting a v-shape face?

Kybella® fat-melting injections are great for reducing small amounts of fat on the neck, creating a more sculpted appearance to the jawline. In addition, Dysport® injections to tighten the skin of the jawline and Radiesse® injections along the jawbone can "chisel"/shape/better define the whole area.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Facial contouring with injectables

In my practice, I often use combination treatments with Botox, fillers and Kybella to contour the face. For example, in a patient with a square shaped face, Botox could be injected into the masseters and fillers such as Voluma, Restylane Lyft, Sculptra or Radiesse into the midface/cheeks to create a more oval shaped face. Kybella can be used to improve submental (under the chin) fullness which is another way to contour the lower face. In your case, you may also benefit from filler into the chin as well. 

I think it is best for you consult in person with an experienced injector to determine an appropriate treatment plan. 

Non-surgical Options for Slimming the Face

Based on your photo, I think that your face looks lovely and proportional. You don't need Kybel and though you could speak with a board certified plastic surgeon about Botox in the masseter muscle to help prevent grinding, the shape of your face is perfect.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Best nonsurgical procedure for slimming a V-shape face?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to determine whether Botox for masseter hypertrophy may be a good option for slimming of your jaw as you do not appear to have an overly wide face, nor do you appear to have substantial chin fat where Kybella would be of benefit.  Hope this helps.

Slimming/sculpting

Hello, thanks for the question and pictures.  I think you have a great facial profile and very nice skin.  If you wanted to enhance your jawline, Kybella may be a good choice for you.  I recommend that you see a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist experienced with Kybella so that they can evaluate you.  Kybella works on dissolving fat underneath the skin below your chin, so they would need to examine the area and determine if you have fat present there.  Also, they may be able to discuss other options such as botox or fillers.  Often times sculpting the face involves changing certain proportions.  For example, augmenting your cheeks can effectively make your jaw seem slimmer.  Your best option is to consult with a physician in your area so that they can evaluate you fully and discuss your options.  Hope that helps, have a blessed day!

Soumo Banerji, MD
Pasadena Physician

Face slimming

Hi there, I would recommend a bit of chin filler to make your chin more pointy. A filler called Voluma is the best for this and it lasts up to 2 years. At the same time I'd recommend 2ml of Kybella and Botox to slim your jaw. To slim the jaw I recommend 20-30 units per side of Botox. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Kybella and Jaw slimming

Hi and thank you for posting your question here! Kybella works nicely on the submental fat (double chin) and base on the picture you shared, you need one session. Botox also works very well for jaw slimming, but the dosing of Botox should be done very carefully by your doctor and it should be adjusted based on the Masseter muscle tone and size to achieve good aesthetic results without interfering with the functional aspect (chewing). If too much Botox is injected, not only it might cause issues with chewing, it can also make the face appearing too long and the final results may not be appealing. Please make sure to consult a highly experienced doctor and good luck!

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician