How many ccs would I need for my double chin if I used Kybella? (photo)

I dont have much of a double chin but I've tried everything to lose my double chin. I'm thinking of using Kybella but I'm not sure if it would be in my budget range. Can you give me advice on how much I'd be spending if I used Kybella? Thanks.

Kybella cost

The total cost is going to depend on the number of treatments (typically between 2-4). My best advice would be for you set up a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person. That will be the best way to determine the actual cost and see if it is doable for your budget. Keep in mind that the results of Kybella are permanent so once it's done, it's done.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella sessions

Thanks for your question and photo. Kybella is performed by session. To determine the number of sessions, you should consult with a board certified dermatologist since every person is unique and responds to treatment differently. Best Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella response

My patients have really enjoyed the benefits of Kybella. It works well for healthy patients who have a small excess of fatty tissue in the submental area or "double chin" area. It usually involves 2-4 treatments. For each treatment, 3-4mL of Kybella is often injected (although this varies) depending on your anatomy and physician preferences. You should have an evaluation with a certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to make sure you're a good candidate, to determine how much it would cost and how many treatments you'd require. Take care! 

Amanda Doyle, MD

You have very little excess.  An in person exam would be necessary but I would look at one treatment.  The treatment can re-evaluated in 3 months.

Kybella (Belkyra) Dosage

Dear RuthieC2011:

Kybella (aka Belkyra in Canada) dosage varies depending upon the treatment surface area and one normally requires 2-4 session for achieving good results.  I would suggest seeing an expert injector for thorough assessment and treatment.  best wishes.

How many ccs would I need for my double chin if I used Kybella

Thank you for your question and photo. An examination would be needed to fully answer your question. You appear to be a good candidate for kybella.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  

It appears that you would not require a high volume per session, but it might take 2-4 sessions to satisfy your criteria for improvement. Cost varies among doctors' offices. Some may have a "package deal". Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Double Chin Choices

The amount of Kybella needed varies per person, which varies the cost. I recommend seeing an expert for a formal evaluation. Keep in mind it may take more than one treatment of Kybella to see the results you want. Surgical options like  Vaser/thermiRF in combination with non invasive options like thermage/ultherapy are great also to tighten the skin under the chin. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

How Much Kybella Needed and Cost?

Hello RuthieC2011,

Thank you for your question. Without an in person consultation it is virtually impossible for anyone to make that prediction with any reasonable sense of accuracy. Understand that most will require between two and four treatments to achieve their desired outcome. I would recommend an in person consultation with a professional trained in the use of Kybella as well as experience wherein you can discuss your concerns, know that you are a good candidate for the procedure as well as get a very good idea as to how many "cc's" you would need for the treatment. Only then will we be able to address cost because the per vial cost can vary from center to center even in the same city. Hope this helps and best wishes. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Kybella and the Double Chin

A small amount of Kybella would be needed under the chin for two to four visits.  It is difficult to give an exact amount without an in office consultation.  Please consult an expert for this permanent reduction of fat.  Best, Dr. Green