How many ccs would I need for my double chin if I used Kybella? (photo)

I dont have much of a double chin but I've tried everything to lose my double chin. I'm thinking of using Kybella but I'm not sure if it would be in my budget range. Can you give me advice on how much I'd be spending if I used Kybella? Thanks.

Kybella vs. submental liposuction

For uncomplicated liposuction under the chin (submental  suction lipectomy), we charge $1500. This includes the preoperative appointment, procedure, and all postoperative followups. We have laughing gas available at no additional charge.  The procedure requires a single 4 mm (less than 1/4") incision and takes about 45" to an hour.  You will have to wear a compression garment 24/7 (minus showers) for 2 weeks and 16/7 for an additional 2 weeks. Please read the realself reviews of our practice, as many of our patients have posted pre- and postoperative photos of liposuction under the chin.

Kybella is a very reasonable alternative for those patients who do not wish to undergo liposuction.  However, it requires more treatments, more downtime, and greater expense.  Kybella typically requires 2 to 4 treatments, each with at least 2 weeks of associated social downtime due to bruising, swelling, and redness and typically runs $2000 to $4800.

Plano Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

Thank you for your question about Kybella.  It is very easy to calculate the amount of Kybella you would need to have injected. This would need to be done in person by using the grid that comes with the product.  Once you have been evaluated for the quantity of product, your provider will also be able to determine approximately how many sessions you may need to achieve the desired result.  These treatment sessions are typically 6-8 weeks apart.  To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Kybella

I always recommend an in person consultation to assess for submental (under the chin) fullness and skin elasticity.  Both of these factors play a role in optimizing outcome with Kybella treatments.  Assuming you have good skin elasticity and based on your photos, I would estimate that you would need 2 vials at each treatment session, and a total of 2-3 treatment sessions.  Discuss anticipated treatment sessions as well as expected outcomes with your board certified provider before pursuing a series of treatments. 

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

How Many Treatments of Kybella do I need? #kybella

• Based upon your photo, you would likely be very happy with the results you'd see after two treatments with Kybella. 
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Kybella cost

The total cost is going to depend on the number of treatments (typically between 2-4). My best advice would be for you set up a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person. That will be the best way to determine the actual cost and see if it is doable for your budget. Keep in mind that the results of Kybella are permanent so once it's done, it's done.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella sessions

Thanks for your question and photo. Kybella is performed by session. To determine the number of sessions, you should consult with a board certified dermatologist since every person is unique and responds to treatment differently. Best Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella response

My patients have really enjoyed the benefits of Kybella. It works well for healthy patients who have a small excess of fatty tissue in the submental area or "double chin" area. It usually involves 2-4 treatments. For each treatment, 3-4mL of Kybella is often injected (although this varies) depending on your anatomy and physician preferences. You should have an evaluation with a certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to make sure you're a good candidate, to determine how much it would cost and how many treatments you'd require. Take care! 

Amanda Doyle, MD

Kybella

You have very little excess.  An in person exam would be necessary but I would look at one treatment.  The treatment can re-evaluated in 3 months.

Kybella (Belkyra) Dosage

Dear RuthieC2011:

Kybella (aka Belkyra in Canada) dosage varies depending upon the treatment surface area and one normally requires 2-4 session for achieving good results.  I would suggest seeing an expert injector for thorough assessment and treatment.  best wishes.

How many ccs would I need for my double chin if I used Kybella

Thank you for your question and photo. An examination would be needed to fully answer your question. You appear to be a good candidate for kybella.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.