When is it safe to remove tape from your anchor lift incisions?

I had augmentation 5 days ago, and wanted to know when is it safe or how do you tell when it is time to take the tape off your incisions.

Breast augmentation post op care

Thank you for your question.  When it comes to an individual's own recovery experience, it is always best to consult with your operating surgeon first.  That being said, typically the tape will fall off on its own, but if it does not, in our practice we will gently remove the tap at your one week follow up appointment.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Tape on incisions

I usually have patients keep the tape on for a bout 6 weeks. If it should fall off, they can place paper tape on it.  I think this helps with keeping the scar flat.

REMOVING TAPE OFF INCISIONS AFTER SURGERY

Thank you for your question. Following breast augmentation surgery, i always tell my patients to leave the tapes on until their follow up appointment with me so i can evaluate their healing and recovery process. Once you are able to take a shower, the tapes will usually fall off on their own. Best, Dr Fouda Neel

Thank you for your question but this is a question for your plastic surgeon as he/she knows what has been performed and how you are recovering.
In general, I ask my patients to keep the steri strips on the incision for 3-4 weeks if possible.
 Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Incision care

Thank you for your question. Be sure to check with your surgeon regarding when the tapes come off as everyone has their own preferences. I often remove steri strips from my patients at their 2 week postoperative appointment. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Wound care

Check with your board certified plastic surgeon to see why and where they put the tape. There may be a very good reason and your surgeon's office may be able to better answer this question. Best, MMT

When May I Remove Tape off of Breast Incisions #breastlift #breastaugmentation

• We apply steri-strips to our breast lift and breast augmentation incisions.  
  • Our patients shower the day after their procedure.
  • These steri-strips tend to stay in place for a couple weeks, even with showering. 
  • I ask my patients not to remove the steri-strips until they have just about come off on their own. 
  • I recommend leaving them in place and asking your plastic surgeon about them at your next follow up visit.