Puffy nipples (Photo)

i am 22 years old, i have puffy nipples since i was 14 i thought maybe when i grow up it will disappear but is not. i found two solutions. either by surgery or by losing fats. i attached my body composition estated that i have 24% fats. i have read that if i reached below 10% fats it will disappear, is that true ? this is my second month in the gym and i am planning to reach below 10% and i want to know the healthest way to do so. my left chest is bigger than my right one how can i fix that.

Doctor Answers 3

Excess Breast Tissue Removing

Thanks for your photos. Based on them you will need an excess breast tissue removing procedure combined with liposuction. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. All the best...

Turkey Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Puffy nipples male...

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate  as uncomfortable as gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. 

Generally speaking, liposuction surgery alone is useful to treat lipomastia (an enlarged chest secondary to adipose tissue); rarely does it suffices as the only modality of treatment when it comes to treating true gynecomastia. Most patients with gynecomastia benefit from direct excision of glandular tissue plus/minus peripheral liposuction surgery.

My best suggestion: if your concerns persists once you have reached your wight goals, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,488 reviews

Puffy Nipples

Thank you for your question and photographs. Though some degree of nipple/areola change is common with temperature and emotional states it appears that you may have some degree of gynecomastia or pseudogynecomastia.  Treatment may involve liposuction, glandular removal, or a combination of both and the best option can be discussed after an in-person examination of your chest. Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.