I'm 20 and I have noticed my areola lightened up and I have more little bumps around my nipple, what could this mean?

What could this mean?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice, but color changes to the areola are not uncommon, and tend to result from hormonal changes within the body.  Similarly, little bumps around the nipple could be small skin tags or the glands of Montgomery, both of which are benign and normal.  I would recommend seeing your ob/gyn for an in-person evaluation, they can offer you the best advice.  Hope this helps.