Purplish spots on my legs after laser hair removal. Why has it happened? Will the spots fade away? (photo)

So I did a laser hair removal session 3 days ago on my legs. A few hours after the treatment I noticed these purple spots on my legs which kinda look like bruises. I also found some red spots which I know their existence is somehow normal after the treatment, but I know they should usually go away within the first 48 hours and they still are here. These purple spots and also the red spots are starting to scare me. Why has something like this happened? Will they fade away? How long will it take?

Spots after Laser Hair Removal

From the photos it looks like you are having an inflammatory reaction from the laser hair treatment. This reaction is normal and can last up to one week after treat. I would have your treating physician take a look at it of you have any concerns.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser hair reduction spots

From the photos, it appears you may be having an expected inflammatory response to the treatment. However, if you have any concerns, you should speak with your physician so that they can help determine if anything further needs to be done. The treated areas typically can exhibit these types of changes for the first week afterwards, but your physician can quickly set your mind at ease or offer additional recommendations.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Spots after #LaserHairRemoval

Dear negnegk:

Any vessels, even tiny ones, in the treatment area, will become red or a little bruised and go away with laser hair removal. This is a nice side benefit for most of us but if you don't like it you can ask your physician to avoid vessels with your next treatment.

I do hope you are having this treatment at a physician's office, if you are hoping for safe and permanent removal of hairs. To find out why, see the link below.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Pigment lifted

This appears to be lifted pigment. It should definitely fade within a month if it is lifted pigment.

Sherryl Shipes, DO
Plano Family Physician

Laser and Marks

It appears from the photo that you have a sensitivity or inflammatory reaction from the laser hair treatment.  I would confer with your treating physician for the best topical treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

What to Expect After Laser Hair Removal

This looks like a normal inflammatory response after your laser hair removal treatment. If you're concerned, I recommend contacting your Dr for an anti-inflammatory cream. Best, Dr. Emer