Questioning my decision about laser hair removal. Can multiple areas be done in 1 session? Will it scar lymphnode? Cause Cancer?

I found a deal on Groupon for LHR. I went on a consult and told them I wanted armpits, brazilian, happy trail, full legs and feet. It will be a master aesthetician with 4 yrs experience and it will be Lutronic Advantage diode laser. It will cost $1050 for 6 treatments of all areas total. They are A+ on BBB and 350 reviews online put them above 4.5 stars. The risks seem low but I am worried about doing all my areas in one sitting. What if get burned? Is it too much for the body? Is this safe?

Laser Hair Removal on Multiple Areas

Laser hair removal is safe if done with an expert. It can be done on most skin types. You need to consider your pain tolerance. Laser treatment does not feel excellent and you are considering multiple at once. You cannot have Lidocaine applied to all these areas. Please make sure you can stop the session if you cannot tolerate all these treatments at once.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser hair removal multiple areas

The deal sound too good to be true. Multiple areas can be done at one time without any worries if done with the proper settings and laser. I have been using a diode laser for the last 7 years and I'm very happy with it. It should be used on light skin and not on tan, sunburned, or dark skin (4 - 6). No worries about lymph nodes or cancer.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser Hair Removal Safety

Diode Laser hair removal is certainly safe in experienced hands and can be performed on most skin types. The device you mention has contact cooling I believe, to help protect the epidermis and assist with comfort. However, you need to take into consideration your tolerance for pain. This procedure does NOT feel great and you are talking about doing a lot of it all at once. You cannot have topical numbing cream applied to all of those areas at once, if they are even offering that. Brazilian LHR can be quite uncomfortable...worth it in the end but no 'walk in the park'. Ask them what happens if you start this session and cannot tolerate doing it "all at the same time". It's not "too much for the body" but it may be "too much for the mind"....

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician