How do I prepare the skin for fraxel for PIH?

i have pih in the lower lid area. Tried medlite, but the results are not drammatic and my skin is dry and crinkley where i had it. i would like to try fraxel on the lower lid, but i do not tolerate hq and i am afraid of pih if i don't prep the skin. i have been using a skin whitener with mulberry extract, liqorice, niacinamide etc. is it enough to prep the skin? my skin is white with yellow undertones and i did ipl before and never had an issue.

PIH

Thank you for your question. I find Fraxel a poor choice for pigment issues, and in many cases it can make things worse. Try other options first. I would try a V-Beam or a Q-switched laser first. Consider eLure bleaching, Kojic Acid etc. instead of HQ. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

PIH and Fraxel

An in ofice consultation is the only way to assess the degree of PIH and the best treatment.  However, it does not sound from your decription that Fraxel would be the best choice for you.  The eMatrix may be a better choice for you. Please consult a board certified dermatolgist with expertise in comsetic procedures.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD