How long will the post-bruising take to heal from using a Fraxel Laser?

Four days ago, I had some scaring on my leg removed with a Fraxel Laser. My dermatologist notified me that bruising would occur, and I am just wondering how long the healing process is, and if there were any treatment options to quicken the healing process up! Thank you so much!

Fraxel and Post-op Instructions

I am not certain what you are describing since I have been doing Fraxel for many years and have never seen bruising.  I would definitely contact your treating physician since I give every patient detailed post-op instructions after every laser procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel

There are many different types of Fraxel lasers and the recovery varies from treatment to treatment. After a Fraxel treatment, patients typically experience redness and swelling that goes down after a few days. It would be rare for a patient to experience bruising after Fraxel, however it can happen. In that case, bruising may take a week or so to heal. 

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel healing time

Brusing is not usually seen with Fraxel laser but redness and swelling can but usually for just a few days. It would really depend on the depth of the fraxel laser.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and Wound Healing

I suggest you speak to your physician for the proper post operative wound care. All my patients are instructed on very detailed post operative instructions.  Bruising is very rare after Fraxel so I am unsure what you are experiencing.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Post Fraxel bruising

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon