Is liposuction possible on malar fat pads? (photos)

I have full, heavy malar fat pads that sag and stick out. Is it possible to do liposuction them? Would I be a candidate for a mid face lift?

Liposuction of malar fat pads

Re3moving malar fat pads by liposuction may prematurely age you and cause the tissue around them to descend even more.

I think you do not have a good understanding of what's going on with your facial anatomy.

Before you get into treatment options, you should get a good understanding of your facial anatomy. Once you understand what's going on, then you can appreciate the different treatment options that will be of benefit to you.  I'd advise you to see a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who has the proper understanding of the anatomy to guide you.  Good luck!

Improve malar fat pads

Your photo suggests that your malar tissues have descended - creating cheek folds, a cheek indentation and appearance of cheek fullness. 
The treatment is surgery to reposition the malar tissue.

Malar Fat Pad liposuction

Malar fat liposuction is possile with microcannulas. You amy also look into buccal fat removal to aid in treating your concerns.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Malar Liposuction

Thank you for your pictures.  Liposuction of the face (malar pads) is possible but I would not recommend this treatment.  Risk is too high any modest benefit.

Malar Fat Pads and Liposuction

I agree with what has been said.  Liposuction of this area will only worsen your facial contour and make you appear older.  What you need are fillers above and around the areas to lift and contour your shape.  Fillers in this area is an art, Voluma or Radiesse or a combination of both would do very well for this.  Sculptra more laterally and deep can also help lift and give a long term sustainable result.  You need an in person consultation.  I suggest calling our office.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Malar liposuction

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. Liposuction in the face above the neck is possible, however, I rarely indicated and must be performed by expert hands as complications may occur. Based on the pictures, you actually could benefit from enhancement above the area of concern and possibly laser liposuction of the region in question.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Suction of the malar fat pads is almost never indicated.

Suctioning above the jaw line is almost never indicated. Volume restoration in the periorbital area can be achieved with fillers or with surgical repositioning of the malar in mid face fat.

Liposuction on malar fat pads

Liposuction on the malar area is dangerous and may cause injury to nerves and/or the eye.  To decrease the volume of the malar fat pads involves weight loss.  The fat pads can also be lifted. The repositioning will make the lower cheek look thinner.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon