Laser tattoo removal not working? (Photo)

So far I've had 2 Q-switched and 2 Picosure treatments on a black line-work tattoo that is just under a year old. I've noticed only a tiny amount of fading after 4 treatments total. Is my tattoo resistant to laser removal? Could it be that the technician is not using the right settings?

PicoSure laser removes tattoos more quickly than q switched lasers

I have never had a patient in my NYC practice that hasn't had considerable lightening of black tattoos after three treatments with the PicoSure laser. We continue treating the tattoo for significant reduction in tattoo pigmentation.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

PicoSure tattoo removal

PicoSure is typically extremely effective at treating black ink tattoos. Perhaps you need to try a different technician? After 4 treatments, you should see fading. My best, Dr. Sheila Nazarian @drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tattoo removal

Ink varies in its response to laser energy .The picosure has a boost setting which increase efficacy .We use a technique called r20 which uses a chemical after the picosure treatment that allows a second session the same day. This speeds up the process of removing even resistant tattoos.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon