Will Laser Hair Removal on my face affect the Restylane in my lips?

I had Restylane injected into my lips about 10 days ago. I've been doing laser hair removal on my entire beard area, and I'm worried that the laser will affect/diminish the Restylane in my lips? I've looked online and I've seen mixed answers, but my laser hair removal technician was worried it would affect my lips.

Laser Hair Removal

Thank you for your question about Laser Hair Removal.
The laser should not have an effect on the product in your lips as long as there is no pressure on the injection site. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Laser Hair Removal and Filler

Laser hair removal will not alter your lip filler.  The laser specifically targets pigment in the hair follicle, and will have no effect on your filler.  It is still best to allow time between the two treatments.  Consult with your provider for their specific recommendations.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal and Lip Fillers NYC

Laser Hair Removal should have absolutely no effect on the fillers for your lips.  I probably would not do both procedures on the same day.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Will laser hair removal affect the filler in my lips?

Hello, thanks for your question.  Laser hair removal can be done with no effect on your filler.  I wouldn't do the laser the same day as the filler, usually wait about a week after fillers. The energy from the laser is directed specifically to the pigment in the hair follicles, filler is pretty much clear (void of color) and will not become a target.  The laser wavelength is very superficial, and should not effect the fillers. If you are having laser hair removal on your chin the technician can just avoid going into the lip lines to assure that there is no compromise to the filler.

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon