Can I use Hydroquinone 4 weeks after a prp microneedling treatment ?

I'm African American. Dark brown tone . I'm current under going prp with plasma treat to treat a scar . The scar is slightly indented and has hyerpigmention . I had a Prp treatment 4 weeks and want to use HQRA to fade the dark marks . Is this okay ?

#Hydroquinone after Microneedling with #PRP?

Dear Ebony11:Absolutely no problem with hydroquinone after you have recovered from the #microneedling procedure!  All the best,  Dr. Clark

Hydroquinone use

Yes, a month after treatment your skin has had time to heal. In fact, 48 hours after treatment our patients may resume their normal skin care routine. 

Microneedling and HQ

Yes! You can absolutely continue your HQ products as soon as 5 days after your microneedling treatment.

If you are looking for a great HQ product, I highly recommend ZO Skin Health  Melamin and Melamix. You can go to the ZO Skin Health website for more information.

HQ after Microneedling

Yes you can absolutely return to using HQ after microneedling.  We now in the office actually microneedle in an aqueous based HQ at the time of treatment for patients who are using the treatment to break up pigmentation.  All we ask is to only use a pure hyaluronic gel for the first 24 hours and then give them permission to return to all skin care products except for products containing Retin A, any glycolics or abrasive scrubs.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Micro needling and PRP and HQ

Yes, absolutely... no problems with HQ and this treatment. I normally start HQ at the 5-7 day mark when your skin start healing. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser dermatologist 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist