Not enough filler of just the wrong doctor? (photo)

I got 4 months ago 1 ML Restylane injected in my tear troughs (0.5 ML for each). But there is still a darker, shadow line visible. This is really frustrating me. Is this because 1 ML is not enough or did the doctor not injected the right ''tipping points''?

Treatment of tear troughs

Thank you for sharing your questions and photo. It is difficult to accurate evaluate the problem from the photo. It is possible that you require additional Restylane injected to improve your tear troughs or your doctor might not be familiar with the best technique for improving this area. See an experienced injector for guidance with treating this delicate region of the face.
Good luck,

Restylane for tear trough

0.5cc (half a syringe) while enough for some patients, often patients require 1cc for a complete result. I have injected over 1000 patients with Restylane in the tear trough with excellent results, and often times patients start with half a syringe on each side, and then return for a little more in order for the line to go away completely - results are usually incredible. I hope this helps! 

Lesley Rabach, MD

Restylane tear trough

It is possible that more Restylane injection might help, alough 0.5 cc into each tear trough is often sufficient.  Another option would be an under eye cream to help with dark circles.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Tear trough

You might need more filler. Best to start off conservatively and then go from there. Best of luck with your procedure.

Tear trough and filler

you still have a significant decrease of volume in the area and usually the amount that you had injected will improve it more. I would be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Question more filler

I don't think the volume of filler is the issue but the placement maybe. It appears that you still have a depression in the tear trough area and this extends down into the cheek.  If you are determined to see more results I would see an oculoplastic specialist that injects this area on a regular basis.  I think you can achieve better! Best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler Under Eyes

The filler may be placed properly but the darkness is not something that may be genetic and cannot be altered. I like both Belotero and Restylane for the under eye area. Please consult a specialist about the pigmentation to see what your options may be.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler

Dear makzz. It is difficult to answer your question without seeing before or after photos. Typically, the volume of Restylane you had injected should be enough to correct the tear trough. While the restylane does help with masking the shadows, it does not correct skin discoloration and a lightening cream may be helpful. Good  luck to you. 

Eric J. Yavrouian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon