Cheekbones too large? Facial asymmetry? How to look more attractive (masculine)? (photos)

Hi, 19yo male and I am very self conscious about my appearance. My hair is incredibly thin so I look balding half the time (in fact I think I even may be) and the fact that I have huge, gigantic cheekbones doesn't help me. So, how do I make myself look more masculine (read: attractive) in the face? I've lost 50 pounds and I think I should lose 30 more. (6'0, 180 right now). Would losing extra weight and then working out/bulking up make my face better? I just want to be less ugly.

Cheekbone Reduction

From a facial structural standpoint you have mentioned your prominent cheekbones. Whether their reduction would improve your perception of your face could be determined by some computer imaging.

Hi, 19yo male and I am very self conscious about my appearance.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, you face appears elongated because the cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front).  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles. The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face. Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape. Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line. Hope this helps.

Masculine face?

There is no evidence that your cheek bones are too big based on these photos. You may have a more round youthful face that will definitely look more masculine if you loose few more pounds. Possibly a buccal fat removal will create more square, masculine face? You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in  facial rejuvenation for detailed clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon