My chin is weak on one side and strong on the other? (Photos)

The differing appearance of my chin has made one side of my face pretty and the other ugly. On one side, my chin is long and balances out my nose, but on the other side, it recedes and makes it seem to stick out farther. I notice that when I tried to correct this imbalance by protruding my jaw out on the ugly side, that side now looks balanced and the once-pretty side looks bad. I don't know what procedure will help me correct the imbalance but not ruin the good side while they're at it. Help!

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant

Fillers such as Radiesse, Voulma, and Perlane give great lift and last a significant amount of time to give structure and shape in this area without an implant. Fat can also be transferred for augmentation. I suggest seeking someone who is experienced in this type of injections.  Best, Dr. Emer

Treatment of Asymmetrical Chin

I need to see a full set of pictures including frontal and profile views. However, your options for treatment will include fillers, fat grafts, or the placement of a modified silicone chin implant to reduce the asymmetry.

Chin implant candidate for weak chin profile

A full set of photographs are required in addition to an in-person examination due to the fact that the chin, mandible, and implants are all 3-dimensional structures.  Chin implants are placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile.  The implants are composed of Silastic and can be custom carved according to patient's unique anatomy when needed.  Chin implants are  manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed under local anesthesia through a small incision underneath the chin as an outpatient surgical procedure.  For more information, diagrams of the implants and many examples of before and after  chin implants, please see the link and the video below

My chin is weak on one side and strong on the other?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.