What can be done to create a more defined, feminine appearance to my nose?

I feel like my nose is too long and I don't like the bulkiness of my nose on the bottom. The way my nostril hangs out on the sides and flatness of my bridge. Overall, I think my nose looks big and shapeless from the front. What can be done to create a more defined, feminine appearance to my nose?

Hi, from the attached photo the nasal bridge is quite flat making it appear broad.  The nasal tip is a bit wide and the nostrils are quite flared.  A closed Rhinoplasty could make the nose more refined, feminine and naturally attractive by building up the nasal bridge (also thinner) a bit, thin the nasal tip and reduce the nostril flare.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty to give more definition and narrow the nose

To give more bridge line definition requires a cartilage graft placed along the top of the bridge line to give added height along with osteotomies to narrow the lowest part  of the bridge line. The wide nostrils are narrowed with an alar plasty. Closed rhinoplasty techniques can accomplish these goals of the refining and narrowing the nose

Thanks for your question and photo. You might be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. An in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is necessary to determine if you will be a good candidate for the procedure. Please be sure to find and visit a board certified plastic surgeon who performs at least 100 of these procedures per year, read reviews, look at before and after photos, check surgeon's credentials on the ASPS website, etc.

1. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices
2. Seek a surgeon who does at least 100 of these procedures per year
3. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician

Best Wishes,
Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

The areas that concern you can be realistically improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty.
.
Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive ethnic rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Feminine nose

Dear Burntsugar

Your nasal shape and proportions would benefit from a rhinoplasty by elevating and narrowing the appearance of your bridge and nasal tip. One of the aspects of your"look" that would give you a more feminine face, in line with a rhinoplasty and will also enhance your rhinoplasty result, is addressing your eyebrows.
By narrowing nose and thinning your eyebrows, eyes and cheeks will look larger and attention will go to your lips and eyes.
You should do well with a rhinoplasty and I expect an excellent result. Consult with a surgeon Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon