Can I get top lip fillers with a front crown?

I had a front tooth crown around 6 months ago. I have tender gum issues and i don't want the acid to affect my mouth. Will the acid affect my front gums or move anywhere near them? I know the lips and gums are close and do not want any problems. Its a natural substance, but is there a possibility it could seep into other areas. Is there a way to prevent it from moving ? Thank you

Lip treatment with fillers after placement of a front crown

Thank you for sharing your question. There should be no problem with having lip injections 6 months following placement of a crown. Good luck.

Fillers in front with a crown

It is absolutely safe to have filler done in the front with a crown.  The fillers should be safely injected into that area.  Please be certain to consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with cosmetic fillers.  Best, Dr. Green

Up to you

You are probably going to get a wide range of answers on this one. Personally, I would suggest that you let hour gums/mouth fully heal before getting filler in your lips. It all likelihood, the filler won't cause a problem, but why risk it? Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Lip Fillers and Dental Work

There is a coorelation with dental work and complications with fillers. I suggest that if you have issues with your gums or teeth, get that fully treated before considering fillers.  The chance is still really low you will have issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hi, lip augmentation with a demal filler won't be near your gums.  The dermal filler is injected in the outside of the lips to increase the lip volume.  Hope this helps.  

Dear sammy321,
Having fillers placed in the upper lip following dental work/crowns should present no problems. In fact, with your new dental profile, it is likely that you would need even less filler to achieve the elegant results you seek. Be sure that you are seeing an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist (or an injector under their direct supervision) to understand all of your options. Good luck.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

HA fillers with a front crown

It should be fine to have HA fillers with a front crown.  The filler doesn't affect the gum tissue.  Just make sure you are treated by an experienced injector.  

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers and dental appliances

Thank you for your question.  Hyaluronic acid filler in your lip such as Juvederm or Restylane should have no effect on your crown or tender gum issues.  It is highly unlikely if your lips are injected by a skiller practitioner that you will ever know that the filler is in your lips once the initial swelling resolves.  If you have any questions please follow up with your physician and/or dentist for proper evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias 

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Top lip fillers with crowns

Injecting the top lip with fillers should not be an issue with your front teeth. The filler does not typically migrate that far. Discuss this with your phisician and your dentist to be sure and conmfortable with moving forward with the procedure.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon