CoolSculpting after liposuction?

I had a small amount of liposuction done over a year ago I am not happy with the results on my bellg/abs. I have never been over weight I just would like to tone up what I can't rid from exercis and diet. I am 145 lbs and 5'8". I'd like to have less of a "loose/belly flab" appearance, mostly upper abdomen/hips. Would I get the results from cool sculpting even given past lipo?

Coolsculpting after Liposuction

There are many patients who consult me for Coolsculpting who have had liposuction.  Coolsculpting will not have the same side effects or leave areas of loose skin.  It is highly effective in reducing these fat bulges non-surgically and has become the gold standard in non-invasive fat reduction.  An in office consultation is the only way to be certain to ascertain if you are a good candidate.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting Works After Liposuction

You can treat areas with CoolSculpting if they have been already treated by liposuction. Often slight asymmetries can be addressed by this non-invasive treatment. While there is some skin shrinkage associated with CoolSculpting, it will not get rid of the excess skin that you describe. The most dramatic flattening of the abdomen is achieved with a tummy tuck by removing skin and fat and tightening the abdominal muscles. If you do not want to undergo the most aggressive method then liposuction and CoolSculpting are your best options. There are three different types of handpieces that can be used in CoolSculpting to address the areas of your concerns.

Louis C. Cutolo, Jr., MD, FACS

CoolSculpting

Although some patients report some skin tightening after CoolSculpting, it is not guaranteed. CoolSculpting is really indicated for non invasive fat reduction. Therefore, if you have had liposuction, but are still dissatisfied with local areas of excess fat, and don’t want to undergo liposuction again, CoolSculpting may be an option. If however, you are more concerned with loose skin contributing to “loose/belly flab,” actual surgical removal may be a better option.

John Diaz, MD

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is a good tool for people looking to reduce small areas of fat, and can potentially be used to even out results from liposuction if the doctor is skilled enough. It is impossible to say whether or not CoolSculpting is a good option for you without an in-person consultation, however. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist experienced in both liposuction and CoolSculpting who can evaluate your condition and goals and determine the best course of action for you. 

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Cool

I appreciate your question.
It would be hard to tell without a photo, but coolsculpting could be used as also even if you've had previous lipo.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting after Liposuction

CoolSculpting can be a useful tool in smoothing out contour irregularities from prior liposuction. Even though some patients do have some skin retraction following CoolSculpting, its use is not indicated for "skin tightening." I suggest seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon who can better evaluate and determine the right treatment for your trouoblesome area(s).  

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting after Liposuction

CoolSculpting is useful in correcting some contour issues related to liposuction and may be a good option for you.  You'll need a personal evalation, and I recommend going to an office that does both liposuction and CoolSculpting. Best wishes!

Carmen Kavali, MD

#CoolSculpting after liposuction

I do see many patients who have great results with CoolSculpting performed after liposuction.   Sometimes after liposuction there are still localized areas of excess fat. CoolSculpting is very effective in reducing these areas. It is especially helpful in removing the ridges that often result after liposuction , and smoothing over the surface of the skin from uneven fatty deposits. While CoolSculpting is not a treatment intended to tighten the skin, some people do find that their skin retracts nicely. However it would be best to consider a skin tightening treatment to tighten the abdominal skin, if this is indicated in your case, such as Pellevé or Ultherapy. In the right hands both of these treatments tighten the skin nicely.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

CoolSculpting after Liposuction

Dear acs129.

Sorry for your disappointment. Photos would be helpful but consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Certified CoolSculpting (CS) Specialist will be better.

No body contouring techniques including liposuction nor CS will promise tightening of the skin. Even Laser, Ultrasound and Radio-frequency results are lackluster in my opinion. Only skin excision such as a tummy tuck can deliver stretching and removal of skin excess.

Having said that, CS has provided many of my patients with satisfying skin shrinkage around the tummy and particularly the lower abdomen, love handles and back rolls. It is less satisfying in the upper tummy. CS has also helped many a patient reduce irregularities and minor asymmetries following liposuction too. 

While I understand the description "loose/belly flab", it is best to seek evaluation.

I hope this helps. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting after liposuction

In my practice we have treated a number of patients to improve results following previous liposuction.  A consultation with an experienced CoolSculpting physician's practice will help you understand if you are a good candidate to achieve your remaining aesthetic goals.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon