How long will the numb sensation last after coolsculpting?

How long does /can numb sensation after cool sculpt endure?

Numbness with Coolsculpting

There is a subset of patients who have residual numbness in the area and will resolve in a few weeks depending on the area.  If you have concerns please consult a board certified dermatologist with an expertise with Coolsculpting.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
I had the procedure and depending on the area 1-2 weeks.
it does go away 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Length of time numbness lasts after Coolsculpting.

Since sensory nerves are encased in a myelin sheath that is predominantly fat, Coolsculpting can also freeze and damage nerves that provide sensation to the treated areas. The nerves are not cut as they can be during surgery, but it takes time for the nerves to heal and recover from surgery (as long as 6-12 months) as well as non-surgical damage via Coolsculpting (2-6 weeks).

Of course, these lengths of time are "averages" and can differ with individual patients, but time always makes this better, and unless painful, nothing need be taken done to "help" the healing process. Just time.

If you develop pain, there are medications like Neurontin (Gabapentin) that can make this nerve pain better.

Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after CoolSculpting

Numbness after CoolSculpting is normal and typically resolve after a few months.  It is not necessary to take medication to change the course of this process.  It will get better by itself. 

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Numbness After CoolSculpting

The numbness after CoolSculpting that patients experience typically lasts around 10-14 days, but each patient is different.  We have had patients with numbness out to one month.  This always resolves, but it can take some time.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness After CoolSculpting

The duration of the numbness after a CoolSculpting treatment varies from person to person. On average, it completely resolves after about 2 weeks. I had the procedure done myself, and for me the numbness lasted only 10 days. The longest one of our patients said it lasted for them was 4 weeks. In all cases it does completely go away. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Numbness after Coolsculpting

The numb sensation lasts 2-3 weeks.  When I did it to myself, it lasted 3 weeks.  It is not typical for it to last more than one month.  

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Although it may last a few months sometimes it lasts as long as 6 months.  It does gradually face but may require gabapentin which slows nerve conduction to completely relieve the symptoms. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Numbness After Coolsculpting

This can last for 3-6 months and often requires neurontin treatment for improvement.  Please speak to your treating MD.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Numbness

Numbness post CoolSculpting procedure can last several days to several weeks.  Generally speaking the areas of numbness are not totally numb and you will still have some sensation.  Not all patients experience numbness but the ones that do consider it a small price to pay for a great result!

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon