Can a CT scan show facial filler such as Juvederm Ultra Plus and Restylane?

I have a very small face and the PS injected 3 syringes of Juvederm and Restylane in just my cheek area. Not only was the filler too much but it was placed too high in my cheeks making my entire face look very different and wide. I have had 3 rounds of hylenex (150 units) to dissolve this.The PS insists that he has dissolved all of the filler but I am positive that the filler is still present.Therefore, I would like know if having a CT scan of the face is worth it to show any remaining filler.

Too much Filler

Fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm are really great products for facial injections.  However, if the product is injected improperly, it can take several rounds of Hyaluronidase to dissolve the product.  The CT scan will not show the product.  I suggest you return for Vitrase to dissolve the product which may be more effective.  Please let me know hat happens.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial injections.

Evaluation of filler

Thank you for your question.  A CT scan would not be a very sensitive test for detection of normal hyaluronic acid (HA) filler.  It may pick up large deposits, but that is not how HA is usually injected.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

CT scan to detect facial filler?

Hello, I think it would be unlikely to detect filler on CT scan - 3 syringes of filler has only about 3cc of volume so this would likely not be a detectable amount of product.

Ct scan and facial filler

CT scans are best to evaluate bone and internal organs when contrast is used. It will not show filler  like the HA's. It possibly can show Radiesse since that is from Calcium.