When is the best time to do Botox - winter or summer?

Botox time

Best time for Botox

Botox can be performed at anytime of the year and yield the same results. 

Roslyn Heights Dermatologist

Spring/Fall

I think the best time to do Botox is in the spring to guard against the tendency to squint into the summer sun and again in the fall to look smooth and refreshed for the holiday season.

Botox Injections

Botox can be injected any time of the year for great results! The season makes no difference in the way that your body reacts to the product. I recommend that my patients look at their calendars and schedule their Botox treatments at a time that best fits into their schedules. If you have something important coming up, it’s a good idea to give yourself a week after your injections to allow for any bruising to resolve. My patients very rarely experience bruising, but it’s better to be on the safe side and not schedule injections too close to an important event. If you want your Botox to be effective by the time your big day arrives, make sure that you give yourself up to two weeks for the Botox to completely kick in. Often times my patients see results before the two week point, but it’s different for everyone. Just make sure to schedule your Botox treatment with an experienced board certified physician so that you get the best result possible.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Thank you for your question. The best time to do Botox is determined by the patient. Some patients prefer to have a treatment in the summer to reduce crows feet caused by squinting in the sun.

Hope this helps,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox

It works any time of year!  Your skin care needs change with the seasons but the muscles creating the muscles always do well with Botox.

good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Best time to do Botox

Winter or summer makes no difference for Botox treatment.  It typically lasts 3-4 months. For best results, you should retreat with Botox when the lines start to reappear.  

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Time For Botox

Botox can be injected at any time of the year. The effect of Botox lasts about 3-4 months. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Anytime is botox time!

Since Botox is injected into the muscle under the skin, you can receive treatments anytime of the year.  I would just recommend that you avoid injections a week prior to any special events in case there is bruising.  Good luck and enjoy your treatments!

Best time to do Botox

Hello Dina,

Thank you for posting your question. There is no better time of year for Botox injections given you are a candidate for the procedure. There are some treatments such as laser and IPL treatments that are not safe to have performed if sun exposure has occurred, but Botox does not fall into this category. Hope this helps!

Best Wishes,
Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Time of Year

It makes no difference what time of year you have your Botox injections. It works the same in winter or summer.

David S. Felder, MD
Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon