Why are my tear troughs still swollen 2 weeks after cheeks injection with Radiesse?

I have been injected with Radiesse in the past for fullness of cheeks. I was injected two weeks ago to balance my cheeks, giving them a bit more symmetry. At the time of injection, the Radiesse seemed to 'travel' making my one tear trough puffy. That was two weeks ago and its hasn't gone down. My doctor said it was my lympathic system and the swelling should go away in time. Any ideas?

Common Swelling After Facial Fillers

Patients most commonly call with concerns about swelling after injections if not adequately warned.. All swelling will resolve on its own within time, most often within 2 weeks.  The area beneath the eyes is most sensitive to swelling in contrast to the mid-face or even lower face.  In most cases , Radiesse is not injected superficially, so it is usually uncommon for it to "travel" .

San Juan Capistrano Physician

Post treatment swelling

It’s not unusual for your body to accumulate fluid after any dermal filler injections. I could last for a while and the swelling could appear outside of the treated area. Normally it goes away with time. If it bothers you a lot - try a lymphatic massage and also ask your doctor if he’d consider prescribing you some oral medication to manage the swelling.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse and swelling

It is unusual for Radiesse to "travel" but i have seen it.  I dont think it is lynphatic drainage especially 2 weeks after the injections. I suggest a second opinion and make sure the doctor is a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist