Is it normal for my melasma to appear significantly darker immediately after a Clear and Brilliant laser treatment? (photos)

I went to my first session of Clear + Brilliant laser treatment for my melasma. Immediately after the treatment my melasma looked significantly darker. Is this to be expected or should. This is my first session out of 5. Thank you for your time.

Clear and Brilliant and Melasma

Clear and Brilliant is a great laser but it is definitely not the treatment for melasma and hyperpigmentation can be a consequence.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in cosmetic procedures.  Cosmelan is an excellent treatment for melasma.  Best, Dr. Green