Can you use a family member's fat for a BBL?

My mom is getting lipo and im really skinny but I want a BBL. Can I use her fat?

Skinny Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we cannot use the fat of another patient to inject into your body. Aside from it not being medically approved, your body would just reject it. I would look into plastic surgeons that specialize in the "Skinny Brazilian Butt Lift" procedure. Best of luck to you! 

Fat from a Family member

Thank you for your question. The answer is no, we can't use fat from other patient for a BBL. It is not medically approved. I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Thank you for your question.It is not possible to inject another person’s fat into your body because it will just reject it. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer from a family member

Fat cannot be transferred from a family member because her tissue is not compatible with yours. It will cause a rejection by your body. 

Moises Salama, MD

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately you cannot use someone else's fat for a BBL/fat grafting procedures. The make up of your body will be different from that of your mother's so the fat transferred will not take. Your body will most likely reject it so the procedure would be void. The best thing to do would be find a board certified surgeon and have a consult with them to see what is possible as far as fat transfer from your own body. The fat can be taken from several places on your body such as thighs, arms, back, flanks, etc. Online discussions do not replace the advice of your physician. Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Can I use my Mom's fat?

This is a very common question with BBL. The answer is, no. Only autologous fat can be used, meaning your own body fat. However, schedule a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and goals. There is always options. Best of luck.

Fat grafting

Hello,  thank you for your question.  No   it's not possible.   The BBL procedure should be done with autologous fat.  That means it should be fat from the own patient.  I hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Donor fat

Great question! 
Your body has special chemical markers on every cell that communicate with your white blood cells. Your mothers fat would not have these markers and your white blood will reject the fat causing necrosis and abcess. It is not a great idea to use fat from your mother. In order for that to work you have to take anti- rejection medication the rest of your life. If you would stop the medication your body would reject the fat. Also as a side complication of the antirejection medicine is a possibility of contracting more infection and inducing more cancer in your body. 
I wish you well on your procedure research,
James McAdoo and DO FACOS

•  20 years experience 
  •  33,000 OR cases
  • AOA board certified plastic surgeon