What procedures can be done to fix my ugly face? (Photo)

I never really liked my face. The other day in a store, some clerk called me a "butterface" to her colleague, which I clearly overheard! I was thinking maybe some botox to fix my cooked smile & maybe buccal fat removal cause when I smile, my face looks tapered from heavy on the bottom to narrow on the top, also my nose is very wide and the tip is too big. What are your recommendations? I had bad acne when I was younger & Dr's say not to get peels cause I'm out in the sun often. I live in SWFL.

Botox to "fix" my face

Hello, your facial appearance is normal and in the photos provided there are no obvious wrinkles.  I don't see any indication for Botox or any other treatment.  Unfortunately hurtful comments from others can sometimes affect a person's self-image.

Appearance concerns

First.....do not be so hard on yourself, You are probably better looking than 90% of the people you feel are talking about you...and I have a good eye.
   What I would recommend for you from the photos available is:
1) Rhinoplasty to soften and decrease the presence of your nose.
2) Cheek implants to enhance the contour of your mid face and give you an over all thinner look. (especially the lower face )
3) Fraxel laser to smooth out your skin and give it an improved look. ( improve the acne concerns )
  If you do all of these you will be great looking no matter what anyone says.
I do all these procedures in my office operating room with oral sedation and local anesthesia. The process is totally safe , easy , and has very little bleeding or black and blue because of the local anesthesia approach. The only discomfort is a few needle sticks but they are not difficult to put up with.
  One week after the surgery you will look fantastic and have only a bit of mild swelling. All this will last a lifetime

What procedures can be done to fix my ugly face

Dear tifyyb, Thank ypu for submitting ypur question.  Not sure why you feel "ugly" because you are not. . I don't see any facial wrinkles for Botox  or any need for addiotnal procedures. Best wishes

Procedures for Rejuvenation, Anti-Aging, correction and acne

Dear tiffyb:

Thanks for sharing your photos! You appear most pleasant in your pictures. None of your concerns overwhelm the need for correction. You may wish to "rejuvenate and anti-age". I am listing many of the non-surgical options I discuss with my patients. While sun exposure is a concern, it can be overcome when you are ready to commit to advantages of less UV exposure. 

The most popular of thefillers,RestylaneandPerlane, a jelly-like clear skin filler is used to fill lines, wrinkles and folds. Juvederm and its longer lasting "cousin"Juvederm Ultra Plusare similar skin fillers, used to soften and fill the nasolabial ("parentheses") and marionette folds, the brow ("number 11") lines and fill and lift the cheeks and lateral brow or chin.Volumais the longest lasting, up to 2 year duration HA filler. Each one is used to expand or volumize the loss of tissue associated with expression, weathering or aging. All the fillers come with numbing anesthetic!.

Non-surgical facial contouring is possible with fillers such asRadiesse, a bone mineral for the nose or cheeks, jaw and chin as well.

Scuptrais the latest of the injectibles stimulation collagen at different levels of the skin adding volume but primarily firming and adding resistance to the formation of wrinkles, folds and descent.

BotoxandDysporttoo have been found to rebalance excessive facial expression, provide a non-surgical brow lift and lip lift and reshape the nose, as well as reducing wrinkles!

Dr. Obagi's new, second generationZO Skin Healthprograms may be added to personalized chemical peels, light and laser resurfacing and tightening and will, smoothen and even the color of your skin.

IPLand fractionatedlaserssuch asCO2 and erbium and now RF(radiofrequency) are additions to smooth the texture of the skin, tighten and reduce red and brown uneven pigmentation.

Rhinoplasty, Face lift and / or neck lift or any of the other procedures and their combinations should be discussed following a proper examination by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs all of these options so you will not receive a biased approach because he or she is limited in their skills.

I hope this is helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

What procedures can be done to fix my ugly face?

You are not ugly- your face has nice shape, you have very nice eyebrows and eyes-- so i would not agree with your statement. If you are seeking nasal improvement- seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person consultation. Rhinoplasty will refine your nose, and it will create for you a more pleasing facial appearance consistent with your true nature.

Face

tiffyb, you are not at all ugly not by any standard I'm aware of. Sure a rhinoplasty my not be a bad idea. Perhaps followed by alar rim surgery. Don't be so hard on yourself!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

I do not agree that you are ugly - I see a very attractive woman. But best to seek ONLY in person evaluations for rhinoplasty, fillers in cheeks and BOTOX injections. 

What can fix my face?

First off, I don't mean to downplay your concerns but you have a very pretty face.  The plastic surgery community is trying to give our patients more fuller faces through injections of fillers or fat.  This is because as we age our faces deflate and lose volume.  If your nose is concerning you, there are nose specialists.  However, I would be very wary of doing anything as it is costly and can make you look unnatural or worse.  Try to feel good about who you are, and I think you will find yourself to be as pretty as you are, and others will see it also.  Our beauty often stems from who we are on the inside and how we feel about ourselves.  Best regards.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon