My hips and butt appears much smaller after tummy tuck. Not happy?

It feels as if my skin was pulled up so tight that it creates a deep indentation and deep creases at my vagina. A bulging sac with a v shape. Also it looks like my nice hips and butt disappeared along with the upward pull of my vagina. Almost to the point where I can feel my bladder. I hate and regret this procedure. Very unhappy after 2 weeks. Will I get my hips and butt back. Will the skin by the vagina return back to normal

Tummy Tuck

Please relax. It is to early to judge your surgery. If this is a standard abdominoplasty it will have little to no effect on your hips and no effect on your butt. Your vagina will improve.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Indentation

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said after two weeks you are still in the healing and swelling stages so it is still too early to tell. During your post op visits, your surgeon will be able to monitor your progress. It is important to communicate your concerns so that your surgeon can address them. In the meantime, please be patient.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Tummy Tuck

2 weeks is still very early to be judging your outcome. Be patient and give it time. Your body will continue to settle and improve for months. Try to be patient. If after a few months you are still unhappy with your result, revisit the subject with your surgeon. There may be ways to revise your surgery to fix the areas that are troubling you.

Beth Collins, MD
New Haven General Surgeon