My Right Eye is Closing More and More, is There Any Treatment That Works for This? (photo)

What Can I Do About my Facial Asymmetry? I am 43 years old and I have had this eye asymmetry since my late 20s/early 30s, though it has really worsened rapidly in the last few years. I have been to various doctors over the last 15 years and they all say Botox will sort it, however I have tried that at least a dozen times now but without any success, sometimes it even made the problem worse! I have also tried H/A injections under the eyebrow to lift it and various other firming treatments such as Intracel, fractora, IPL etc without success.

Doctor Answers 2

Right eye ptosis na be treated by surgery only

You will need to have full evaluation by a ophtamologist and plastic surgeon. The use of Botox is contra indicated in your case. There are many  causes for ptosis your surgeon can help you to choose the correct treatment.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 122 reviews

Droopy eyelid

It appears you have ptosis of the right upper eyelid and some asymmetry of the brow. There are lots of causes, which should be sorted out before recommending treatment.  In most cases where it has occurred over a long period, a straight forward surgery to shorten the muscle that raises the eyelid can be performed (ptosis repair).  I would see an oculoplastic surgeon in your area for a proper work up.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.