Fat Transfer to Buttocks

I am 198 lbs 5'4. How much fat can I have transfered to my buttocks? I want a big butt - knowing I will lose some fat transfer, it makes feel more is better than less. I been saving for this surgery for so long, I dont want to be disappointed.

How much fat is enough fat for a BBL.

That is a good question and it will depend partly on how much fat we can actually harvest from any given patient. It will also depend on how much fat actually fits in the buttocks area. Some patients have very tight skin or a very small frame and these are variables that should be taken into account. Injecting to much fat in a very tight place may hinder its ability to survive. 1,000cc of fat on a smaller patients will not look the same as that same amount on a larger or taller patient. 

It is hard to say without seeing photos, but because of your height and weight, I can assume that enough fat can be liposuctioned form your back for a considerable BBL. 1,000 cc on each side is very common for my patients and is usually enough for a great result. Some patients may receive more, but it is always done with extreme caution. It is important to note that in order to avoid serious complication the surgeon must not over inject and, must avoid injecting to much fat in the deep layers of the buttocks.

Hope this answers your question.

Dr. Miguel Mota

How much fat is enough fat for a BBL.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hope this answers your question.

Dr. Miguel Mota

HOW MUCH FAT TRANSFERRED DURING BBL

When performing Brazilian butt lifts, I can transfer anywhere from 500cc of fat up to 1100cc. Without a physical examination I have no way of determining how much fat you have to transfer or how much fat would be needed to give you the additional volume you desire.  I recommend continuing your research on RealSelf.  Once you find a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience performing Brazilian butt lifts schedule a consultation for a thorough physical examination to confirm that you are a good candidate for a BBL and if your expectations are attainable.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

HOW MUCH FAT TRANSFERRED DURING BBL

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

You need a lot of fat transfered to your buttock in order to get a great result

I have had much experience in fat grafting to the buttocks for Brazillian Buttock Augmentation in Los Angeles. I have had patients from 105 lbs to more than 200 lbs. the best results were in those that had much fat available for harvesting. In my experience depending on the technique of harvesting, processing, and injecting the fat, at least 90% of the volume can stay. I have had several patients who have retained more than 90% of their buttock volume despite having had pregnacies, working out, and after more than 5 years.

Fat grafting for Brazilian butt lift

Dear patient from Miami,
I have been performing successful buttock enhancement also known as Brazilian butt lift using fat grafting with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the past five years in Orange County, Ca. It works very well if you’re a good candidate with enough fat and realistic expectations. From your physical description being 5’4” tall and 198 lbs, there is sufficient amount fat to harvest (liposuction) for fat grafting. If fat harvested and treated with proper material properly you can easily achieve desired size. Good luck.

Fat grafting for Brazilian butt lift

Dear patient from Miami,

There is no known limit of how much fat can be transferred

In my opinion, it is more of an issue of proportion. Waist to hip and hip to thigh proportion. If your frame is wider, then adding a small amount of fat is kind of a drop in a bucket. If you are small framed, then adding that same small amount of fat can make a huge difference. I have done several hundred Brazilian Butt Lift procedures. Some women want to be as large as possible, others just want a little enlargement or shaping. Either way, this procedure can provide beautiful results!

Staging the procedure may be reasonable. But that depends on what you are starting with and how much larger you want your buttocks to be.

Brazilian buttock enahncement may need more sessions

You have to remember that the fat is purified and has to be put in layers of small amount for a good take of the fat. Putting all the fat in your buttock causes the fat not to take and you will benefit less.

You can plan more than one session of fat grafting to the buttocks and this way it is safer and the fat has a better chance of staying in.

BBL

Amount of Fat transfer can vary and depends on the donor area as well. usually in order to achieve the best shape, there is requirement of both liposuction and fat grafting around the buttocks.

I would recommend to choose a doctor with extensive experience in this kind of surgery. i have been performing these procedure for over 9 years and can opt for 200 to 1500 ml of fat grafting depending on patient requirement and desires.

BBL

How much fat can be injected

The short answer is as much fat as I can harvest. However, some of this fat isn't actually useable and we know that should really not be injected. It is roughly about 60% of what is harvested is able to be injected after processing, by separating the damaged cells and the blood and tumescent fluid used to suction the fat. This usually means between 500 to 1200 cc per side, however this may not be what you are looking for and I know these concerns could be discussed  during a consultation so you can see actual results from previous patients and get a better understanding of the possibilities. I know it sounds scary that there is an absorption rate as high as 50% of the injected fat, but most people add more to compensate for their rate of resorption as well. So you shouldn't be worried it will all disappear

How much fat can be injected

How much fat can be transferred for a BBL

Hello, the amount of fat that can be transferred is variable. This all depends on how much fat can be put in so that the area is not under high tension, if so you have increased risk for loss of fat survival and other complications of fat necrosis. For this reason, some patients require more than one session of BBL to hit there desired goals. Thanks.

Rikesh T. Parikh, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Rikesh T. Parikh, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

It depends

The amount of fat that can be transferred and the final result depend on many factors. You need sufficient donor sites (typically from your tummy area, back, and hips). It is not possible that every bit of fat transferred will survive no matter how carefully and properly the procedure is performed.

Transferring too much fat at once can also lead to too much pressure which can limit fat survival. Therefore an examination and a good consultation with an experience plastic surgeon is the best way to determine your likely outcome.

It is not uncommon to repeat the procedure to obtain optimal results. Finally, at 5'4" 198 lbs, you are significantly overweight which does increase your risks for surgery. You should discuss this with your surgeon who may recommend that you work at weight loss to lessen your surgical risks and improve your outcome.

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

It depends

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon