Fat Transfer to Buttocks

I am 198 lbs 5'4. How much fat can I have transfered to my buttocks? I want a big butt - knowing I will lose some fat transfer, it makes feel more is better than less. I been saving for this surgery for so long, I dont want to be disappointed.

You need a lot of fat transfered to your buttock in order to get a great result

I have had much experience in fat grafting to the buttocks for Brazillian Buttock Augmentation in Los Angeles. I have had patients from 105 lbs to more than 200 lbs. the best results were in those that had much fat available for harvesting. In my experience depending on the technique of harvesting, processing, and injecting the fat, at least 90% of the volume can stay. I have had several patients who have retained more than 90% of their buttock volume despite having had pregnacies, working out, and after more than 5 years.

HOW MUCH FAT TRANSFERRED DURING BBL

When performing Brazilian butt lifts, I can transfer anywhere from 500cc of fat up to 1100cc. Without a physical examination I have no way of determining how much fat you have to transfer or how much fat would be needed to give you the additional volume you desire.  I recommend continuing your research on RealSelf.  Once you find a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience performing Brazilian butt lifts schedule a consultation for a thorough physical examination to confirm that you are a good candidate for a BBL and if your expectations are attainable.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

How much fat to be transferred in Brazilian buttock lift

Based on your height and weight I would imagine you would have sufficient fat for a fair sized fat transfer. Perhaps 500-900 cc per side. The amount of good quality fat you have will also determine your ultimate outcome. I recommend going to a few different plastic surgeons for a detailed examination in order to get a realistic evaluation of exactly how large you can become. The shape of your buttock is also as important as the final size you achieve.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Fat transfer

There is no rules or studies that determined who much  fat transfer is ideal for survival.. To use common sense nd following  some principles we overcompensate some reabsorbing that always occurs and also you dint want to put to much because is important that the fat be in contact with normal and weel perfused tissues for better survival.

How much fat is on your body?

It depends on how much fat you can spare in your donor areas, which are usually your stomach, waist, back and thighs. This fat has to be located below your skin (subcutaneous). You can find out how much can be transferred during your pre-surgery consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Ronald Levine, MD

Fat grafting for Brazilian butt lift

Dear patient from Miami,
I have been performing successful buttock enhancement also known as Brazilian butt lift using fat grafting with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the past five years in Orange County, Ca. It works very well if you’re a good candidate with enough fat and realistic expectations. From your physical description being 5’4” tall and 198 lbs, there is sufficient amount fat to harvest (liposuction) for fat grafting. If fat harvested and treated with proper material properly you can easily achieve desired size. Good luck.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Fat transfer for Buttocks Augmentation

Fat transfers are great because there is no risk of allergic reaction since your body will accept its own fat without complications. Another great thing about this procedure is that it can be combined with other liposuction treatments.  You can reduce your thighs while at the same time enlarging your buttocks.  As long as the fat is installed appropriately, you should be fine.  The physical amount of fat that can be transferred really depends on your body.  You do not want to run into complications by forcing too much into your body at once.  The maximum most doctors will inject you with is 400cc on each side of your buttocks.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift volumes vary

The volume of fat thatcanbe transferred to the buttock is variable- factors such as buttock size, skin quality and desire for augmentation all factor into the planning for this procedure. Sometimes it is necessary to do follow up fat grafting procedures to achieve the best possible result. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Fat Transfer to the Buttock for Augmentation and Lift-the Brazilian Buttock Lift

The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat to augment and lift. The amount of fat transferred and placement depends on:

1. Your aesthetic goals

2.Amount and quality of available fat for harvest

3. current size of your buttocks

In my practice the amount of fat transferred ranges from 250 to 1250 cc's per side with an average of 650 cc's. Based on the information you provide, the limiting factor would be the current size and shape of your buttocks. A smaller buttock, especially if the skin is tight, allows for less fat transfer. In such cases more than one fat transfer session may be needed.

Meticulous postoperative care is essential to optimized the "take" of the fat. Especially important is avoiding any direct pressure on the buttocks for 2 weeks following the procedure. The buttocks feel a little firmer in the months following the procedure, but this resolves with message and ultrasound treatment. In my opinion, the results are far superior to buttock auction with buttock implants.

I recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the available treatment options.
Best regards,

Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Amount of fat transfer to the buttocks

The amount of fat transfer to the butt depends on the amount of tissue that is removed with a liposuction and how much is left over after this tissue is cleaned and processed. The amount of fat that is ultimately injected into the buttocks deep hands on the overlying skin and soft tissue. This fat must be injected in very small droplets so that the body has a chance to incorporate this new fat with the existing tissue. If a large amount of fat is injected into one large lump, you will be at risk of developing the fat necrosis or hard masses. The amount of fat that will be injected also depends on your ultimate goals. We have seen good results by injecting volumes as little as 200 mL to you as much as 800 mL per side.