Fat Transfer to Buttocks

I am 198 lbs 5'4. How much fat can I have transfered to my buttocks? I want a big butt - knowing I will lose some fat transfer, it makes feel more is better than less. I been saving for this surgery for so long, I dont want to be disappointed.

How much fat to be transferred in Brazilian buttock lift

Based on your height and weight I would imagine you would have sufficient fat for a fair sized fat transfer. Perhaps 500-900 cc per side. The amount of good quality fat you have will also determine your ultimate outcome. I recommend going to a few different plastic surgeons for a detailed examination in order to get a realistic evaluation of exactly how large you can become. The shape of your buttock is also as important as the final size you achieve.

Dr.Bruno

You need a lot of fat transfered to your buttock in order to get a great result

I have had much experience in fat grafting to the buttocks for Brazillian Buttock Augmentation in Los Angeles. I have had patients from 105 lbs to more than 200 lbs. the best results were in those that had much fat available for harvesting. In my experience depending on the technique of harvesting, processing, and injecting the fat, at least 90% of the volume can stay. I have had several patients who have retained more than 90% of their buttock volume despite having had pregnacies, working out, and after more than 5 years.

Sean Younai, MD, FACS

BBL

I think you would be a candidate for a BBL due to your height and weight. Make sure to select a surgeon you get to see and talk to before your surgery to make sure you get all your questions answered. Good luck

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

HOW MUCH FAT TRANSFERRED DURING BBL

When performing Brazilian butt lifts, I can transfer anywhere from 500cc of fat up to 1100cc. Without a physical examination I have no way of determining how much fat you have to transfer or how much fat would be needed to give you the additional volume you desire.  I recommend continuing your research on RealSelf.  Once you find a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience performing Brazilian butt lifts schedule a consultation for a thorough physical examination to confirm that you are a good candidate for a BBL and if your expectations are attainable.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Fat transfer

There is no rules or studies that determined who much  fat transfer is ideal for survival.. To use common sense nd following  some principles we overcompensate some reabsorbing that always occurs and also you dint want to put to much because is important that the fat be in contact with normal and weel perfused tissues for better survival.

There is no known limit of how much fat can be transferred

In my opinion, it is more of an issue of proportion. Waist to hip and hip to thigh proportion. If your frame is wider, then adding a small amount of fat is kind of a drop in a bucket. If you are small framed, then adding that same small amount of fat can make a huge difference. I have done several hundred Brazilian Butt Lift procedures. Some women want to be as large as possible, others just want a little enlargement or shaping. Either way, this procedure can provide beautiful results!

Staging the procedure may be reasonable. But that depends on what you are starting with and how much larger you want your buttocks to be.

It depends

The amount of fat that can be transferred and the final result depend on many factors. You need sufficient donor sites (typically from your tummy area, back, and hips). It is not possible that every bit of fat transferred will survive no matter how carefully and properly the procedure is performed.

Transferring too much fat at once can also lead to too much pressure which can limit fat survival. Therefore an examination and a good consultation with an experience plastic surgeon is the best way to determine your likely outcome.

It is not uncommon to repeat the procedure to obtain optimal results. Finally, at 5'4" 198 lbs, you are significantly overweight which does increase your risks for surgery. You should discuss this with your surgeon who may recommend that you work at weight loss to lessen your surgical risks and improve your outcome.

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

How much fat is on your body?

It depends on how much fat you can spare in your donor areas, which are usually your stomach, waist, back and thighs. This fat has to be located below your skin (subcutaneous). You can find out how much can be transferred during your pre-surgery consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Ronald Levine, MD

Fat grafting for Brazilian butt lift

Dear patient from Miami,
I have been performing successful buttock enhancement also known as Brazilian butt lift using fat grafting with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the past five years in Orange County, Ca. It works very well if you’re a good candidate with enough fat and realistic expectations. From your physical description being 5’4” tall and 198 lbs, there is sufficient amount fat to harvest (liposuction) for fat grafting. If fat harvested and treated with proper material properly you can easily achieve desired size. Good luck.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Fat transfer for Buttocks Augmentation

Fat transfers are great because there is no risk of allergic reaction since your body will accept its own fat without complications. Another great thing about this procedure is that it can be combined with other liposuction treatments.  You can reduce your thighs while at the same time enlarging your buttocks.  As long as the fat is installed appropriately, you should be fine.  The physical amount of fat that can be transferred really depends on your body.  You do not want to run into complications by forcing too much into your body at once.  The maximum most doctors will inject you with is 400cc on each side of your buttocks.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon