Where do I start on fixing my teeth? What's the best way to go to have 100% healthy teeth ? All options!?! (photos)

I'm 20 years old, and really unhappy with my teeth. My sister cause my front tooth to be slightly chipped at the bottom, a broken tooth on the side, stuck behind a new tooth, anda broken tooth in the back bottom, now rotten and troublesome. Most of my teeth now have cavities, rot and holes on the side from lack of care when i was homeless for few years. I also think my wisdom teeth have all come in. Im wanting a new smile, and better oral hygiene. I want to start renewing my mouth. HELP?

Best Options For Fixing Teeth

I think a first step could be to remove decay and bond the chipped teeth. Composite bonding can be done in one visit, and is the least expensive option to repair these teeth. While composite bonding will have to be redone at some point, it is a permanent material, so if you are happy with how the bonding looks you won't need to do anything else immediately. Long term, your situation could involve many different areas of dentistry including orthodontics, periodontics, implants, crowns and or root canals and extractions. The cost will depend on what your goals are, as well as where you live. The best first step is a comprehensive exam, x-rays and personalized consultation with a dentist you trust.

Cleveland Dentist

Problem teeth first!

When we sit down to discuss a large decision, we start with anything that is painful or likely to become painful. Another priority is anything that has infection, including your gums. The next step are fillings and cosmetic things to improve your self confidence in your smile. If your chief concern is the front teeth those can also be addressed first.

A dentist should be able to lay out a plan that you can both agree upon. If you wanted to get as much done at one time I would suggest OCS (sedation) to make the time fly by. If that isn't an option for you, I would at least break up the appointments into 4 separate visits. 

Good luck! 

Dental health starts with putting out fires

Just like when building a house, clearing the land and building a strong foundation is step one.  In this case, removing decay or hopeless teeth is the first step.  Periodontal health is done simultaniously.  Once healthy and stable, decisions can be made on what to do next.

This will be a large investment of money and time, but can last a lifetime.