Options for widening lower dental arch?

I had a consultation with an oral surgeon today and they said I would probably have to have extractions before corrective jaw surgery because of crowding. I meet with an orthodontist next month, but I'm getting kind of anxious and would like a second opinion now. Is it possible to widen my lower dental arch without extractions, maybe tipping? Or is my lower jaw too narrow? I should mention, none of my wisdom teeth came in, they all had to be surgically removed.

Desybee

First of all you have truly beautiful teeth.  You do have a space problem however.  Room for your existing teeth is often created by removing premolars.  If that is what your orthodontist also recommends I would not worry very much about the procedure.  There will be no significant pain and you teeth will look amazing.  Good luck!

Seattle Dentist

Extractions

I agree with the oral surgeon.  In order to get the maximum results, you would need to push back the front teeth as much as possible.
Good luck!

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon