Is it possible to create a nasolabial fold when it's absent? (Photo)

there are no nasolabial folds visible when my face is relaxed. but when I smile. I have a fold only on the left side of my face but not on the right. I prefer not to erase the existing left fold but create a right one to balance it if possible. because I feel they make the smile look good and natural. also, I wish to plump up my thin upper lip. what prodcedure do u suggest?

Face

sudhareddy, please do not let anyone try and do this. everyone's smile is unique and no one is noticing your difference other than you. I actually think you look good! So keep smiling and forget about it! Good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

A nasolabial fold cannot be created, but will likely form with time and aging. To plump your upper lip,  fillers look natural if done with skill and expertise. I suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Is it possible to create a nasolabial fold when it's absent?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  As far as your upper lip, the use of a hyaluronic acid dermal filler will offer predictable and natural volume enhancement to leave you with an improved balance to your lower lip.  In my practice I recommend Juvederm Ultra Plus for this purpose.  As for your nasolabial fold, this is created when the underlying facial muscles in this region contract, causing a crease to form. Unfortunately this look can not be created, but given time your body is likely to form one alone the right side.  Hope this helps.