Would 1 syringe of juvederm make a difference to my nasolabial folds? (photo)

I purchased 20 units of botox and 1 syringe of juvederm

Juvederm and the nasolabial folds

I think you may need more than 1 syringe for full correction.  Please seek consultation with a qualified professional. Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasolabial Folds -- Fillers, Fat, Sculptra

No one syringe will not help your folds.  You need full facial contouring with volumization and line filling. I suggest you see an expert for an evaluation of your overall facial structure and what is best for large volume and wrinkle improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler for NLF

Hello, and thanks for your question.

I think you are an excellent candidate for fillers. For patients of mine with similar patterns of volume loss, I like to use a thicker, more volumizing hyaluronic acid filler such as Voluma in the cheeks. This tends to soften some of the lines lower on your face. You'd also likely benefit from some Juvederm or Restylane injected directly into your nasolabial folds (i.e., "smile lines"), and possibly your marionette lines as well. However, I'd caution against the temptation to have only these lines filled, as you are noticing them mainly as a result of global volume loss, which happens to all of us as we age. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Regardless of what you have done, you will likely need more than 1 syringe.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm-Nasolabial fold

Certainly a consultation would be best so that your physician can perform a proper examination however, based on the photos submitted, 1 syringe may not be enough to to give you the result you would like since your nasolabial fold seems fairly deep. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon for this procedure. Hope this helps. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Filler in folds

Many times it requires more than one string of filler to achieve the results one wants. Best to be seen in person.

NLF correction with Juvederm

I think you will notice a difference but more would be better. At least 2 would be recommended if you were to come to see me. Also, filling the medial cheek would be helpful and also improve the look of the NLF.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm and nasolabial folds (parentheses)

Thank you for your question and providing a photos.  The result you receive from Juvederm is very much related to the skill of the treating doctor.  However the amount of product is also important.  I would think that you should see a nice subtle improvement with one syringe.  However you would probably benefit from a second syringe as well to get the best result. 

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Amount of Juvederm Required

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  The amount of Juvederm required for full correction of the nasolabial folds depends on the extent of volume loss in that area.  You will notice a difference with one syringe, but based on your photograph, I would recommend two syringes for optimal correction.  Best wishes! 

Juvederm and Nasolabial Folds

Juvederm is a great product but to correct these deep folds it will take a minimum of two syringes. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

NLF filler

Your fold is pretty deep.  One syringe of filler will soften this a little, but there will not be a dramatic difference.  will most likely want to do at least 2. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon