I have white marks from Laser Hair Removal burns on my legs, will it fade away?

White marks from laser

To be able to more accurately understand what is going on please post a picture of the same. From description alone it sounds like a hypopigmentation, which is due to destruction of not only the hair follicles but also the melanin containing cells in the skin that give the skin a darker tone. Such hypopigmentation is very rare in lighter skin types. Some hypopigmentation, if the cause is as described above, might become less prominent with future sun exposure over months and years, but most hypopigmentation marks tend to persist. It is important to understand that the way the laser works is by targeting the melanin, which is found in abundance in the dark hair follicles. The same melanin is also present in the skin. For the same reason laser will not work on grey hair and blonde hair. And it is also the reason, why treating a skin of color takes a lot of experience and expertise. 

Edison Physician

Laser hair removal

It can sometimes happen that after laser surgery, there is some discoloration. If for example you were tanned, or if the laser was done at a setting that was too strong for your skin type, this can result in temporary white spots. If you have a darker skin type, this is a more common occurrence. Luckily it is often temporary and reversible. However it may last for a very long time and in rare circumstances can be permanent. The best thing to do would be to seek a consultation with a dermatologist. Good luck. 

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon