Would laser hair removal work on my forearms? (photos)

And what is the general price for laser hair removal for arms? If laser hair removal is not a good option is there any other options that would remove hair permanently?

Arm hair removal

From the pictures it appears that you have a combination of very thin black and blonde hair. Blonde hair will not respond to lasers as it has no dark color for the laser to target. Thinner black hair needs a high powered Alexandrite laser for it to respond. YAG will not work and Diode laser will have very modest results, if any, in hair of this texture. Prices are variable,  but if you decide to go for it, please look at the quality of service and experience than pricing alone.

Edison Physician

Laser hair removal on arms - You'll find people to do it but won't be happy

It is often done but most people aren't happy. These hair are usually fine and are hard to treat. If not well treated, the hair problem can get worse. Also, blonde hair is not treatable. I've seen people treated 10/12 times and still have plenty of hair.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Hair removal for forearms

Laser hair removal works best on dark, coarse hair. Lasers are not able to pick up pigment from blonde, grey or white hair. From just reviewing the photos it appears that laser hair may not give you the desired results you're looking for. I would advise seeking a consultation with your laser specialist to see if your hair has enough pigment present to give a positive outcome. Best of luck!

Would laser hair removal work on forearms?

Hello, thank you for your questions and for including a photo. Laser hair reduction is very successful on all parts of the body. The determining factor in the success of the treatment is if the hair follicles have pigment in them. From your photo, it appears that you do have pigment in most of the follicles, but it also appears that you have some fine blonde hairs too. The laser us unable to see the blonde, white and grey follicles, therefore it will not be able to treat those. Laser hair reduction is a series of treatments, usually 6-8 treatments done 8 weeks apart in this area. Pricing may vary from state to state and facility to facility but you can expect to pay between $1000-$2000 depending on how much of the arms you want treated. (example, from the elbow down, or full arms to the shoulders)

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Arm Hair Removal with Laser Hair Removal

You can use laser hair removal for a reduction in forearm hair. Cost will vary. I suggest you get a formal consultation with an expert for the best results. Best, Dr. Emer