What can I do for make my face appear more rounder ? (photos)

Hi i have a long face and i want to have a round face shape . What can i do ? I have a long chin . Can i do cheek augmentation ? And my face look sad when i dont smile ...why ? What can i do for have a rounder face shape ? When i smile i love my face but when i dont smile i dont lile it

Doctor Answers 5

Rounder Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
To make your face rounder you need to dil out the area between the cheek bones and the jawline. This non-bony supported area is best treated by fat injections to change it into more of a convex shape on the sides of our face.

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Cheeks can be augmented with fillers, fat or implants. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options based on your facial structure. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

What can I do for make my face appear more rounder ?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi, I have performed facial shaping and contouring procedures using dermal fillers or facial implants (cheek, chin) for over 30 years. From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat in front and below the cheeks and the chin is weak. These factors combine to create an elongated oval shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I would combine liposuction to reduce the excess fat for further shaping of the cheeks.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

Hope this helps.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Using Dermal Fillers to help round out face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, dermal fillers such as Juvederm Voluma XC or Restylane Lift along your mandible and cheeks bones can help shape your face.  Juvederm Ultra XC or Restylane around your mouth and eyes can enhance the results as well.  Its important to have an in-person consultation for a complete evaluation.

Good Luck

Facial Shaping & Recontouring Using Injectable Volumizing Fillers Can Help Create A Rounder, More Feminine Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
From the photos it would appear that both the region of the posterior angle of the jaw, as well as the cheekbone region may be nonsurgically shaped and contoured with injectable volumizing fillers. By enhancing the cheekbone regions the face can be rounded, given more projection, and helped to provide better light projection.
Likewise, enhancement of the posterior jawline region in the preauricular (in front of the ears) regions with a volumizing filler can help to further feminize the facial contours.

In my Upper East Side Manhattan practice I would opt for Voluma XC for both the cheeks and the posterior jawline region. In Canada, as in my own satellite practice outside the U.S., I believe that Stylage XXL and Emervel Volume may both be available, which would be my choices for the cheeks and jawline/preauricular regions, respectively. 

Make sure you seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in the use of injectable volumizing fillers for facial shaping and contouring. And be certain to ask to see his/her before and after photos.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.