Infection? (Photo)

Does this look infected to you? My Dr says that it's just a blister that isn't healing. I don't have a fever. It doesn't hurt to touch it. But there is yellowish discharge for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I apply lots of Neosporin twice a day and no changes. Is it just from my corset rubbing or should I see another Dr about it? If it's just a blister, any ideas on how to help it to heal? All I've been told is to move around less, but that's not really possible for me. I'm 4 weeks po.

Infected?

I'm so sorry your #healing is being delayed!  I agree with your surgeon.  In this photo, you do NOT appear to have an #infection.  Make sure you are following all the post op instructions you have been given to ensure you heal smoothly and as quickly as possible.
If you have major concerns, please contact your #boardcertified plastic surgeon so they can check you out in person.

See your surgeon

Please follow instructions given to you by your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person the answer your questions and help you!

Infection?

Thanks for the question and photo.  Sorry you are having a hard time with your recovery.  It appears you have a little delayed healing which can definitely happen.  It does not look infected to me from the photo.  I agree with your surgeon's approach of conservative wound care.  It will fill in, but might need a scar revision in the area in the future.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon and express your concerns, but also be patient.  Good luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon