If I get liposuction on my outter thigh (saddlebags) what will it do to the appearance of my butt? (photo)

I am considering liposuction on my outter thighs (saddlebags) but I am concerned with how it will make my butt appear. Will it make it appear smaller, longer or saggy? Thank you

Most butts look better after liposuction of the outer thighs(saddlebags).

Getting rid of the wide outer saddle bags can only help the butt look better. It is definitely worth going through and is dasy for you as well.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

If I get liposuction on my outter thigh (saddlebags) what will it do to the appearance of my butt?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction To Outer Thighs

Liposuction on your outer thighs should have no effect on your buttocks. I would suggest consulting with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist for further evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

How will liposuction of the saddlebags affect my buttock shape?

In my experience liposuction of the saddlebags makes the backside look more shapely. The procedure also results in the appearance of the natural backside crease that is often covered by the excess fat padding present. Rarely patients do not like the crease or its position so discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Separating the buttocks from the upper outer thigh visually as a result of the surgery in my opinion is aesthetically desirable and makes the thighs look slimmer and the backside more shapely.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Outer Thighs Liposuction

Hi Star3232,
Thank you for your question and photograph.

I recommend seeing a board certified surgeon and an in-person consultation to go over any questions you may have. It is difficult to assess from a single photograph, it is best to see all views.

Outer thighs liposuction provides a slimmer shape and the thighs will look longer and leaner. Typically, the outer thighs are paired with the hips (upper posterior thigh). 

You will be able to discuss your concerns and your expectations during a consultation. Just remember to do your research and pick a surgeon who is well-trained and skilled. Best of luck with your procedure!

Jeffrey A. Klein, MD
San Juan Capistrano Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction on the saddle bags can look great!

I think that liposuction of your thighs will only enhance the shape of your buttocks, but I would need to see you in person to give you a definitive answer.

Saddle bag liposuction

Thank you for your question. lateral thigh liposuction should not make any changes to your buttocks. Please see a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your concerns.

Liposuction to Outer Thighs

Remember to seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your consultation as outer thigh liposuction should not affect the appearance of your buttocks. Perhaps review the before and after section of my and other physician photos and you should see some examples of how it could look! Good Luck 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for saddlebags

Liposuction on your outer thighs should have no effect on your buttocks. Moreover, the buttocks is rarely treated with liposuction, because it could sag.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Saddle bag liposuction - what effect on the buttock?

Thank you for asking about your outer hip liposuction.

• Liposuction of the saddlebags should not make the buttock droop or appear longer.
  • Usually it will improve the shape by making the buttock rounder.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS