Can I Get a Mid Face Lift to Solve Sad Mouth?

Try Fillers Instead

Thanks for your question. Based on your photo, it looks like you're either young or have aged exceptionally well. A facelift can address a variety of age-related concerns, including a downturned mouth, but at this stage, it appears that a facelift would not be necessary. I'd recommend trying dermal fillers first. When administered by an experienced plastic surgeon, these products can create a noticeable, age-appropriate improvement without the need for surgery or recovery time. Good luck!

​Sad Mouth appearance and facelift

Sad Mouth appearance and facelift

Facelift can improve the appearance of the mouth in cases where there is significant aging of the cheeks with jowls. In your particular case the cheeks are quite youthful. You could benefit from some non-surgical treatments, like Botox and Juvederm.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a mid-facelift to solve sad mouth?

This can be corrected non-surgically with a combination of the following:

1) Botox
2) Facial fillers

The fillers are used to fill any static lines that may be present. This is not always necessary to give a good result. It is the Botox that will actually elevate the corners of the mouth. I would recommend visiting an experienced physician for an in-person consult. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Lifting corners of mouth with Juvederm

You look very youthful in your photo. Before surgery, consider a filler in the corners of the mouth. Find an injector skilled with Juvederm go to juvederm dot com and check the doctor finder to find the top providers in your area

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How to Look Less Frowny

Short of a surgical "corner of mouth lift", which is an option, using strategic placement of filler injections to support the lateral lip is effective, as is judicious and accurate placement of Botox in the muscles that pull the corners of the mouth downward (these muscles are call the depressor anguli oris muscles or DAO muscles) is effective as well.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Turn a frown upside down.

There are surgical procedures, done under local anesthesia in a office setting, that can correct the down turned corners of the mouth. Face lifts usually address the entire cheek/jowl area but often local procedures are sometimes needed to take care of local problems. Down turned corners of the mouth are one, as is heavy, deep, folded over, nasolabial folds.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Although mid face lifts are excellent to correct jawline it is not the best to correct your smile. The best way to address this is with botox and or a filler. Botox injected in the correct place can weaken the depressor muscles which can help elevate the commissures of the mouth. Fillers can correct the marionette lines as well as the nasolabial folds.

Removing the frown

Hello. Nonsurgical options such as injectables may treat the frown lines successfully in some cases. Others require a true operation to get the job done. A midface lift is one of the smaller type of surgical procedures that can be done to do this. I recommend you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which option is right for you.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Sad Smile

I agree with seeking a consultation for neuromodulator (botox, dysport, xeomin) to the depressor anguli oris muscles to elevate the corners of your mouth.

Try fillers or botox.

You look quite young for a surgical solution. Your lips can be enhanced and mouth corners raised by a doctor who is experienced with facial fillers. Botox can be useful as well by reducing the activity of the depressor anguli oris muscle. These procedures can be performed in the office setting without a trip to the operating room. It would be best to have a consultation to determine exactly which option is best for you.

Sejal M. Patel, MD