Treating Dark Spots on Legs from Mosquito Bits

I've had dark spots on my legs for almost more than 2 to 3 years now which was caused by mosquito bites. I would like to have them removed and my dermatologist schedule me to do microdermabrasion at the end of this week and also he put me on retin A, hydroquinone for a week or so. I just want to find out if one treatment is enough to remove the marks as my dermatologist told me and would other treatment like TCA peel work better? i want to see immediate result if possible

It almost always takes several treatments to remove dark spots.

It usually takes many treatments to remove dark spots so be patient and trust your doc.  Options includes 2-6 TCA peels or superficial real dermabrasions or laser treatments; also prescription bleaching creams, cortisone creams to calm down the irritation from the treatments and sunscreens.  Sincerely,
David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating dark spots on legs from mosquito bits

The treatment protocol offered with MAYBE help but it a time dependent therapy. There are NO immediate "snap" your finger results for hyperpigmentation. Best of Luck

You have PIH and that is deep.

No one microdermabrasion is going to make a dent in this problem. The retinoid is a good idea, and perhaps the HQ, but you are talking about months of multi-modality treatments and topicals to help this condition. Be sure you are using a good sunscreen as every bit of UV energy is darkening it further. Serial microdermabrasion may improve topical penetration, as would serial chemical peels, but I must emphasize there is NO quick reversal of this problem.

You have PIH and that is deep.

Microdermabrasion will NOT Remove Dark Mosquito scars

Microdermabrasion is a VERY superficial peel which is incapable of impacting much less erasing 3 year old hyper-pigmented mosquito scars.  I would look elsewhere and get more than one different opinion before having this treatment.