I want a reduction (& lift) from a 32G/F bra to a 32DD. How many cc's approximately will a surgeon need to remove?

I know that it will vary, that breasts may be larger than the other, also that it would be just a "rough" number w/o being measured by a Dr, so I don't expect it to be dead on. I am 5'5, 145lb, 28" waist, approx 42" hips, with my small band size (sometimes 30, but mainly 32) and huge cup size. I want to maintain my hourglass shape but my breasts are just too saggy and large. I feel that a DD would best suit my shape but I would really like to visual how many cc's will need to be removed.

How many CC's should be removed in a breast reduction?

Thank you for your question and you seem to be a good candidate for this procedure. Without photos it is difficult to tell you what really needs to be done but the purpose of a reduction is to give you better proportions, fit better in clothes and be able lead a more active life style without the pain.  Your focus should not be on CC's or grams but on what will fit well on you and not a cup size.  Your surgeon will give you some guide lines of what needs to be removed but insurance will often dictate how much must be removed

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How many cc's approximately will a surgeon need to remove with breast reduction?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery. There is simply too much variability among bra cup manufactures to make it a useful metric when it comes to preoperative communication and/or post operative predictions. Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon (who you should choose very carefully). Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso.
With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “proportionate” or “DD cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
Once you have communicated your goals carefully, your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with an estimation of how much tissue will need to be removed, in order to achieve your desired outcome.
Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.