Botched breast reduction. Can you kindly let me know how I fix this? (Photos)

I had a breast reduction 2 years ago. I have very little volume in the upper pole, my nipples are pointing upwards and my breasts are 'bottoming out' I also have aerola skin remaining on the lower part of my breast. My aim is to maintain a B cup breast size while Lowering my nipple position, increasing volume on upper pole through implant and possibly removing aerola pigmented skin if possible. Can you remove additional fat from breast and replace with implant? (I don't mind sensation loss)

Breast Reduction Revision

A revision can certainly be performed to improve your result. For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will all be board certified in plastic surgery and have demonstrated an interest and special skill in cosmetic plastic surgery as well.

Breast issues

An exam in person would be helpful to determine what might be possible. Often the areola pigmented tissue at the base of the incision can be removed.  Implants may help give some more volume.  Best of luck.

Botched breast reduction.

The revision you suggest may the answer if an implant is acceptable to you as this is the best solution for the lack of upper fullness in the breast. Best luck,

Small implant and re-tightening of your breast envelope

Small implant under the muscle and re-tighten your skin envelope which should be able to remove retained areola.  Nipples can not be lowered easily but filling upper pole and tightening lower pole by excising tissue will do wonders.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Botched breast reduction. Can you kindly let me know how I fix this?

Revision with redoing the incisions and adding a small implant can be done but it will NOT be covered by insures.

Breast Reduction Revision

Thanks you for posting this question.  Based upon the pictures that you have provided, revision of your breast reduction by removing additional skin from the lower pole of your breast and tightening the breast tissue of the lower half of your breast should be able to address several of your concerns.  It would remove the remaining areola pigmentation along the vertical scar, eliminate the 'bottoming out' that you see, and should change your nipples from pointing upward to pointing more straight ahead.  If you want to add upper pole volume as well, the most reliable way to achieve that would be by placing a small implant at the same time.  Have you discussced your concerns with your surgeon?  If those discussions have not gone well then I certainly suggest seeking an additional opinion or two so that you can achieve the improvements that you are hoping for. 

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question, and for providing the pictures.

A revision lift, plus a small implant to fill out the upper pole, can very likely be performed in your case.  I recommend returning to your previous surgeon (if possible) to discuss these options.  If for some reason you don't have confidence that your original surgeon can deliver the result you desire, you are always able to seek out additional consultations with plastic surgeons.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Based on the pictures, a revision of the breast lift with removal of excess skin, and a small implant, may give a nice result. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

I think that the plan demonstrated in the diagram is an excellent one;  one that I would use if I were offering you recommendations also. Best wishes.