Truth about Vaser/4D Lipo?

as I am on a journey to find the most wonderful surgeon! 1. Can Vaser / 4D lipo cause burns? What's the truth of this procedure? 2. I found a wonderful doctor. First doctor to tell me he wouldn't cut me up at all because I'm too young ( I was considering a breast lift & a mini tummy tuck) instead he suggested a fat transfer & Vaser. he's certified by the Mexican board of plastic surgery and the American Academy of cosmetic surgery. Can this be a problem? Thank you all

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- FEMALE HI DEF PROCEDURE

Vaser, if performed by someone unexperienced and lacking in skill and expertise, can cause burns. It is extremely important to go to a board certified physician that is well trained. By doing a hi definition procedure you will get much more contouring, shaping and skin tightening. Do not risk cost or location for an experienced physician. Best, Dr. Emer

Extreme Caution with 4D Lipo

You've posed some very good questions. 

1.Can Vaser/4D lipo cause burns?

Yes. Vaser liposuction or laser liposuction can both cause burns. Ask your surgeon about their personal history of any burn complications from their use of Vaser or Laser liposuction.

2. Can this be a problem?

Part A: While age is a consideration in whether or not a person should be "cut up," it also depends on a person's circumstances and if improvement can truly be accomplished with the procedures sought. Did your potential surgeon suggest those procedures because he really believes those are the correct procedures for you or because that's what he feels comfortable doing and he is does not get good results with breast lifts and tummy tucks?

Part B: If a surgeon does not have good skills or good outcomes/results, the Board he or she is certified by is irrelevant. There are plenty of board-certified surgeons who have lackluster skills and awful results. There are plenty of surgeons who are not board-certified that have beautiful results. Go with your comfort level with your surgeon, and evidence of their skills (pictures) and perhaps even talk with one of his or her prior patients.

And finally: As for 4D lipo, the immediate or short-term results can look AMAZING. However, down the road, with weight gain, the indentations used to eventuate the border around the muscles could end up making the abdomen look like a quilted bedspread, not a 6-pack!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician