Did I actually have Vaser liposuction? Confused

Hi! I had Vaser Liposuction done Saturday morning at a clinic in Turkey, I have been obsessing about it since then, I had done a lot of research on the specific Vaser method previously and seen pictures of what the fat removed after should look like, most of the bottles/containers and it always looks relatively clean/like pure fat with minimal amount of blood. My containers were very bloody and I am now wondering if I was "cheated" and in fact just had normal liposuction done, Help is much appreciated

Did I Have Vaser Liposuction or Some Other Type of Lipo?

Both containers could have been the output from Vaser liposuction or neither. The lipoaspirate consistency and color will vary from person to person and will depend on how long the canister has been sitting out and how long the surgeon allowed the wetting solution to sit before starting liposuction. In fact, the fluid has been drained from the canister on the left, which means it sat for a while. How YOU look, not how your canisters look should be the concern! 

As for the matter of you being "cheated," depends on what was discussed in your consultation versus the form/consent you signed. Did you simply discuss Vaser as a possibility or did your surgeon state he s/he was actually going to perform this procedure on you, specifically? You may want to obtain an operative report and your medical records to see if there is a Vaser record. Anytime Vaser is used, it should be recorded in your chart, specifically the duration it was used in a certain area and the settings.

Good luck and happy healing!

Sacramento Physician

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

the type of fluid seen in the canister cannot tell you the type of liposuction performed.  speak to your physician about the procedures used.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Vaser liposuction

all energy based liposuction procedures and this includes vaser, laser, and radiofrequency is performed in a similar manner. whether asleep, iv sedation or just local anesthesia tumescent fluid is placed. this has an anesthetic and epinephrine and minimizes blood loss. next the energy based device is used to help melt or break up the fat. lastly the broken up/melted fat is removed through traditional liposuction. the fat that is removed varies in its consistency and amount of blood from patient to patient. in your case u most likely had vaser then the fat removed through traditional liposuction as we do with all of our vaser or other energy based liposuction procedures

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon