Mons pubis area. Would a lipo fix the problem? (Photo)

Had a tummy tuck 1year ago. Now the mons pubic area is excessively fat and fluffy. Hate the way it looks with tight dresses. Would a lipo fix the problem or do I need another procedure and what would be the cost

Hi. Liposuction may be of benefit. I have found direct removal of the fat with sculpting of the area works best in my hands. From the photo, it appears that you will also need skin excision. Good luck, Dr. PG

Mons pubis liposuction

This is a challenging area and a very important area for personal self esteem. 
When it comes to liposuction, it is important that there are significant nerves in the area and the results need to be pleasing to the senses.
If there is a significant excess skin, then some skin removal may be needed.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Mons pubis liposuction -- BEST with VASER HI Def +/- Skin Removal

Yes, liposuction can be performed to improve this area. If there is sagging or loose skin, skin tightening or removal can be done in the same treatment. I suggest consulting with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Mons pubis

If the mons pubis is "fatty" then liposuction can help. If it is hanging, then you might benefit from an excision of excess tissue.

Mons pubis area. Would a lipo fix the problem?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Mons pubis fullness after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question about your mons pubis fullness after your tummy tuck.

Yes, liposuction is likely to be all you need in this area.
If on examination the skin is loose as well, a lift or tightening procedure may also be needed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS